No announcement yet.

Compiz blur with fglrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does NOT work on 9.11. Anyone claiming otherwise, provide evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
      I was about to boot my ati workstation to capture a screenshot but then thought what the hell. Too bad it doesn't work for you, check that the driver is installed correctly and post a bug report to http://ati.cchtml.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
        I was about to boot my ati workstation to capture a screenshot but then thought what the hell. Too bad it doesn't work for you, check that the driver is installed correctly and post a bug report to http://ati.cchtml.com/
        How can the driver not be installed correctly? It's not like I unpacked it and went copying files manually.
        I did it by:
        Code:
        ./ati-driver-installer-9-11-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/karmic
        sudo dpkg -i *.deb
        There weren't any problems (DKMS did its job), and packages have the apropriate version (8.671), so what else could possibly be wrong?

As for reporting bugs, is it really worth it? Do they even look at the reports?

PS:
        I also have the xserver-no-backfill patch. Could that be the problem? I had to use it because of this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/351186
        Last edited by unimatrix; 13 December 2009, 08:38 AM.

Comment

How can the driver not be installed correctly? It's not like I unpacked it and went copying files manually.
          I did it by:
          Code:
          ./ati-driver-installer-9-11-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/karmic
          sudo dpkg *.deb
          There weren't any problems (DKMS did its job), and packages have the apropriate version (8.671), so what else could possibly be wrong?
          No clue, every system is different. It might be that there is some driver file left-over from some earlier version which pollutes your installation. It might be that there is a driver bug that affects your specific hardware.

One thing that might help is to install the ubuntu-provided driver (via the "hardware drivers") and then *remove* via the same applet. It is said that this will ensure your system is clean for the new driver.

As for reporting bugs, is it really worth it? Do they even look at the reports?
          Yes, they do. Depending on the bug report, you may get surprisingly quick responces from driver developers. Or not, if the bug is not deemed as high priority.

Still, there is a bug report on compiz blur, so adding your hardware details is probably worth it.

Comment

It most certainly DOES work on 9.11.

Adam

EDIT: Fix URL.

Comment

SOLVED

Well, looks like none of you knew this, but to make blur work, you have to enable Compiz's Workarounds plugin, and check the "AIGLX Fragment Parameter Fix", otherwise it won't work.

Try it yourselves.
              Last edited by unimatrix; 13 December 2009, 08:46 AM.

Comment

It works here without that option:

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adamk View Post
                  It works here without that option:

Adam

That's strange. It appears that we've discovered another weird bug. Can someone else (NeoBrain ?) confirm this, because it clearly is the solution in my case.

Comment

Yeah, didn't work for me either, but with the fragment parameter fix it does. Thanks a bunch

Comment

I had to use the alpha blur to make it work.

Comment

Working...
                      X