Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Current RADV+ACO Mesa Driver Performance For February 2020

Phoronix: The Current RADV+ACO Mesa Driver Performance For February 2020

As it's been a few weeks since last running a Mesa open-source driver comparison on AMD Radeon graphics hardware, here are some fresh Mesa 20.1-devel benchmarks just a few weeks so far after the Mesa 20.0 branching. These latest Mesa 20.1-devel benchmarks were also run a second time when enabling the RADV ACO shader compiler back-end that's been a focus by Valve developers in enhancing the Linux gaming experience. These results are compared to Mesa 19.2.8 as a baseline for the open-source driver support offered out-of-the-box by Ubuntu 19.10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you for the benchmarks and damn you for always making me want to be on bleeding edge software

Comment

The current state of ACO: https://github.com/daniel-schuermann/mesa/issues/98

Now we need only
      • Tesselation control shaders
      • Tesselation evaluation shaders
      I'm very excited for this!

Comment

It'd be nice if some players of DOTA would find the regression, maybe it's an interesting one.

Comment

Thank you for the benchmarks, but can you please also try it next time on windows with their drivers? Comparison with it can be interesting.

Comment

Apart form the outlier that is bloody impressive. Big navi cannot come soon enough.

Comment

ACO FTW!

With Lutris, proton, Wine, DXVK there is almost no AAA game that one cannot play (except the ones that use ridiculous DRM schemes.)

Comment

I wish that games would be tested in "highest"/"ultra" settings, as the games are mostly tested with these settings on Windows. This would tremendously help comparing performance between the platforms.

Comment

My wish would be to show always also the performance of of some APU as a reference. (2400g or 3400g for now)

Comment

This is really cool. I hope we get to see ACO enabled by default soon, and ported to radeonSI too!

Comment

Working...
                    X