Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get XV, DRI working on HD 3300 (rv620) ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedepy has a 5xx GPU, so OpenGL is further along.
    Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      pedepy has a 5xx GPU, so OpenGL is further along.
      Ah ok. I was only looking at the thread title.

Comment

• yea sorry bout that ..

so is this the end of the line for r500 chips or are further improvements expected? did the full specs get released now for the gpus no longer supported via catalyst?

Comment

• Originally posted by pedepy View Post
          yea sorry bout that ..

so is this the end of the line for r500 chips or are further improvements expected? did the full specs get released now for the gpus no longer supported via catalyst?
          Nearly all of the work currently being discussed on the dev IRC channels and mailing lists is being done on 3xx-5xx hardware.

Gallium3D is being done on RV410, I think -- KMS/GEM/TTM/DRI2 and radeon-rewrite/bufmgr/CS are being done on 1xx-5xx -- power management is being done on 5xx AFAIK -- GL1.4 and 1.5 features in classic mesa are being done first on rs690.

The idea is that all the spiffy new open source work is being done on the 3xx-5xx generation, and we're getting basic 3d running on 6xx/7xx in parallel. Both of those should finish at roughly the same time, then we should be able to plug 6xx/7xx code sequences into the new code and get the same functionality on newer parts as well.
          Last edited by bridgman; 21 March 2009, 12:33 AM.
          Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Nearly all of the work currently being discussed on the dev IRC channels and mailing lists is being done on 3xx-5xx hardware.

Gallium3D is being done on RV410, I think -- KMS/GEM/TTM/DRI2 and radeon-rewrite/bufmgr/CS are being done on 1xx-5xx -- power management is being done on 5xx AFAIK -- GL1.4 and 1.5 features in classic mesa are being done first on rs690.

The idea is that all the spiffy new open source work is being done on the 3xx-5xx generation, and we're getting basic 3d running on 6xx/7xx in parallel. Both of those should finish at roughly the same time, then we should be able to plug 6xx/7xx code sequences into the new code and get the same functionality on newer parts as well.
            Sound very good bridgman :-)

Comment

• double posting, plaese delete this post
              Last edited by dongioia; 24 March 2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• double posting, please delete this post
                Last edited by dongioia; 24 March 2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by algury View Post
                  Yes, I did it!

Actually, I was just missing some of the prerequisites packages.

So, to sum-up:
                  1) Hardware: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (i.e. AMD780G chipset with Radeon HD3200 IGP), using the HDMI output with a Samsung LCD TV
                  2) OS: Ubuntu 8.10
                  3) I followed this wiki (just for the prerequisites packages section):

4) Then I followed this one (to build driver and drm, and set xorg.conf options):

5) After a restart, typing xvinfo return the detected adaptor (Adaptor #0: "RadeonHD Textured Video"), windows are no longer refreshed slowly... and last but not least, HD videos are tear-free even in 1920x1080 fullscreen

Two words: great job guys! (damn, that's three words)

It's almost easier to setup than the proprietary drivers: no black borders and no tearing in FullHD without searching for options.

Thanks for your replies, and keep up the good work! (I(ll probably test the 3D acceleration when it's ready!)
                  Cheers,
                  Pierre

PS: I'm very excited to be able to switch completely from Windows to Linux thanks to these drivers and because there are excellent media center softwares too, like XBMC which is very good looking.
                  Hi, following the linked guides I can't get the driver fully working:

xvinfo:
                  X-Video Extension version 2.2
                  screen #0
                  Adaptor #0: "RadeonHD Textured Video"
                  glxinfo | grep renderer
                  OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
                  xbmc
                  X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
                  Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
                  Serial number of failed request: 24
                  Current serial number in output stream: 25
                  CRITSEC[0x8b70884]: Trying to enter destroyed section.
                  CRITSEC[0x8b70884]: Trying to leave destroyed section.
                  this is my xorg.conf
                  # xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)
                  #
                  # This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
                  # values from the debconf database.
                  #
                  # Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
                  # (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
                  #
                  # This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
                  # if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
                  # package.
                  #
                  # Note that some configuration settings that could be done previously
                  # in this file, now are automatically configured by the server and settings
                  # here are ignored.
                  #
                  # If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
                  # again, run the following command:
                  # sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Module"
                  # Load "bitmap"
                  # Load "ddc"
                  # Load "dri"
                  # Load "extmod"
                  # Load "freetype"
                  # Load "glx"
                  # Load "int10"
                  # Load "type1"
                  # Load "vbe"
                  # https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Co...r/AIGLXOnEdgy: for AIGLX
                  # I need dri, dbe and glx. I wonder what dbe is?
                  # Load "dbe"
                  EndSection

Section "Device"
                  Identifier "Configured Video Device"
                  Driver "radeonhd"
                  BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
                  # Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "on"
                  # Option "TexturedVideo" "on"
                  # Option "VideoOverlay" "on"
                  # Option "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
                  # Option "Textured2D" "on"
                  # Option "UseFastTLS" "1"
                  # Option "BackingStore" "on"
                  Option "AccelMethod" "exa"
                  # Option "ExaNoComposite" "false"
                  # Option "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"
                  Option "DRI" "on"
                  EndSection

Section "Monitor"
                  Identifier "Configured Monitor"
                  EndSection

Section "Screen"
                  Identifier "Default Screen"
                  Monitor "Configured Monitor"
                  Device "Configured Video Device"
                  EndSection

Section "Extensions"
                  # Option "RENDER" "Enable"
                  # Option "DAMAGE" "Enable"
                  # Option "Composite" "Enable"
                  EndSection

Section "DRI"
                  Mode 0666
                  EndSection
                  Did I miss something?

Comment

• Originally posted by jabbas View Post
                    Erm, guys? Do you have any ideas about why this 'plasma effect' occurs?
                    Well, it looks like your GPU just disconnected itself electrically from the LVDS cable. You get this effect when the LVDS bus is "floating" with no pull-down or pull-up on the GPU side (I don't remeber which one it was), what you see is the cable picking up chatting cab drivers, sunspots, R/C cars etc.

Something must have went very wrong in there, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enleth View Post
                      Well, it looks like your GPU just disconnected itself electrically from the LVDS cable. You get this effect when the LVDS bus is "floating" with no pull-down or pull-up on the GPU side (I don't remeber which one it was), what you see is the cable picking up chatting cab drivers, sunspots, R/C cars etc.

Something must have went very wrong in there, that's for sure.
                      Hehehe I almost believed You :P

... and it still happening after the 1.2.5 release.

Anyway... there is a bug report filled in on official bugzilla: http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20794

Comment

Working...
                      X