Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get XV, DRI working on HD 3300 (rv620) ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was to fast writing, I forgot to mention my kwin composite doesn't work. Not even with xrender. Anybody got it working with jaunty or intrepid? The error message says something about my X configuration. Do I need something specific in xorg.conf to activate composite?

Comment

Hmm, I get thiese error lines in my Xorg log:

[1 sec: 253577 usec](EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
      [1 sec: 253665 usec](EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

Am I installing the radeonhd modules wrong? Or whats going on.

Comment

You can ignore those errors for now. There is no 3D driver yet. The current code just provides EXA and Xv support.

Comment

I think those are normal. There is no 3D driver yet, so AIGLX is kinda hypothetical for now.

Someone mentioned that composite was working with radeon but not radeonhd, which (if true) is another mystery because the added code is the same in the two drivers.
          Test signature

Comment

Ok will I have to compile another driver than radeonhd? I mean could I just type radeon instead of radeonhd in my xorg.conf after following the instructions at: http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd%3Ar6xx_r7xx_branch?

Great support!

Comment

Yeah, you would need to download and build source from the 6xx-7xx branch of xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati rather than from the same-named branch of xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd.

Alternatively, just hang in with radeonhd and watch for updates; it shouldn't be long before someone figures out why the two drivers are behaving differently since so much of the code is identical.
              Test signature

Comment

Thanks Bridgman and agd5f.

I'll just hang on with the radeonhd driver for now. Just tried radeon, and it makes my computer reboot when Xorg starts.

Nothing unusually in the xorg.0.log though. Weird.

Comment

The argument about having two drivers was that radeon was only there to support up to R500.

Er, now what's the catch?

Comment

For those who interested my kde4.2 composite on OpenSuse 11.1 with hd3200 igp works with "XRender" and " Disable Fuctionality Check " options. But don't ask me about performance I am talking about radeonhd driver BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by rahman.duran View Post
                      For those who interested my kde4.2 composite on OpenSuse 11.1 with hd3200 igp works with "XRender" and " Disable Fuctionality Check " options. But don't ask me about performance I am talking about radeonhd driver BTW.
                      Okay interesting.
                      xserver version? xorg.conf configuration?

Comment

Working...
                      X