Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get XV, DRI working on HD 3300 (rv620) ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PuckPoltergeist, are you still getting corruption after the latest commit (when Alex reverted an earlier commit) ?
    Last edited by bridgman; 05 February 2009, 10:49 PM.
    Test signature

Comment

I just tried the latest git code. I must say, impressive work Thanks Alex. All the corruptions gone. I can enable Desktop Effects on kde 4.1.3 with Xrender and Disable Functionality Check options.

Here some feedback about speed. With composite the performance is worse. Scrolling is not usable. Window drawings are less responsive (if this is correct word for it, excuse my english). Without composite, the overall performanse is good enough. Not fast as radeonhd driver anyway but it is usable. The scrolling it absolutely far better than yesterdays build it gives me nearly the same taste of performance as radeonhd driver. So I have no real complain about scrolling as before. I didn't tried XV video yet.

So, again thanks. Keep up good work

Edit: more feedback about performance

It takes about 2 seconds in fireforx to switch tabs and now after abit longer test scrolling seems not that fast. And switching windows on desktop is taking more, about 3 sec to render window contends. Yang Zhao posted a patch to mail-list about R600OverlapCopy() optimisation. I am going to test it now.
      Last edited by rahman.duran; 06 February 2009, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        PuckPoltergeist, are you still getting corruption after the latest commit (when Alex reverted an earlier commit) ?
        No, corruptions are gone. Only problem so far is when switching back from console to X. Then X hangs with black screen.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
          No, corruptions are gone. Only problem so far is when switching back from console to X. Then X hangs with black screen.
          I can comfirm this issue on my hd3200 igp. The only way to swithcing VT and back to X is while you are in VT kill the X server first ( one way is to going to "runlevel 3" and then "runlevel 5" but this time you loose your running session).

Comment

My rs780 is finally alive !!

Current radeon git r6xx-r7xx-branch seems to work fine ! Rs780: EXA + Xv

But for some reason similar radeonhd causes massive corruption.

Comment

Weird. Both radeon and radeonhd work perfectly for me on my RS780. I think I have the same board you do (Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H).

Comment

Is the mesa/drm r6xx-r7xx branch also needed for EXA/Xv? I think so but PWMx didn't mention it. Also, do you have to just compile and make install the mesa/drm thing or do you need to patch in the kernel somehow? Would be interested in trying that out as my ASUS HD 4850 1GB with Glaciator cooling (the default one for ASUS now) is an "unknown model" with fglrx and RadeonHD 1.2.4 (but works without any problems with both).

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  Is the mesa/drm r6xx-r7xx branch also needed for EXA/Xv? I think so but PWMx didn't mention it. Also, do you have to just compile and make install the mesa/drm thing or do you need to patch in the kernel somehow? Would be interested in trying that out as my ASUS HD 4850 1GB with Glaciator cooling (the default one for ASUS now) is an "unknown model" with fglrx and RadeonHD 1.2.4 (but works without any problems with both).
                  Yes, you need latest mesa/drm and radeonhd/ati 6xx-7xx branches. The drm loads the microcode and manages the ring buffer used for command submission to the 3D engine.

EDIT - see next post for build/install info
                  Last edited by bridgman; 09 February 2009, 01:12 PM.
                  Test signature

Comment

You just need the kernel modules ffrom teh r6xx-r7xx-support branch; you don't need to update your libdrm. So all you need to do with the r6xx-r7xx-support branch is:

cd linux-core
                    make drm.o radeon.o
                    sudo cp drm.ko /path/to/your/kernel/modules
                    sudo cp radeon.ko /path/to/your/kernel/modules
                    sudo depmod -a

Comment

Latest git works fine for me :-D
                      Radeon HD3200 mobility.

Thank you so much for this driver.

Comment

Working...
                      X