panel self refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panel self refresh

Hello, I have a picasso laptop with dGPU rx 560, an asus fx505dy, the laptop is very power hungry, I wanted to check if the kernel 5.5 of manjaro gives me more battery life with PSR, but I am not getting better battery life, is there any way to check PSR status?

In other hand, I am finding the cause of that power drain, someone knows how to bisect? I am getting 10 hours in windows while in linux I am getting less than 5 hours in linux. I am not happy with that laptop support nowadays..
    PD: i am seeing that the sensors comand gives me a power draing from the dGPU, i am not using this dGPU but... it feels like it is powered on.. on other hand the linux 5.4 gives me N/A when I run sensors with no open app with dGPU but the same power draing.

It feels, again, that the dGPU is not totally powered off and this is the cause of my battery drain..

Output:
    amdgpu-pci-0100
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    vddgfx: 706.00 mV
    edge: +37.0°C (crit = +94.0°C, hyst = -273.1°C)
    power1: 7.11 W (cap = 48.00 W)

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    Tdie: +38.4°C (high = +70.0°C)
    Tctl: +38.4°C

linux 5.5 with no open apps with DRI_PRIME=1 the power is changing sometimes with 0,01 differences while in linux 5.4 same power usage in total but N/A in sensors
    Last edited by amdtesterman; 09 January 2020, 06:23 PM.
Working...
X