Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon OpenGL Linux Driver Gets Fix For Corruption Issues

Phoronix: Radeon OpenGL Linux Driver Gets Fix For Corruption Issues

An issue affecting some Linux users with Radeon graphics for at least the last four months around graphics corruption problems when switching to newer versions of the Linux kernel have been resolved...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Comment

Will this help programs like Planetary anihilation? I will try ASAP, as the game was recently updated to try to address those. It might also be due to sway.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
        Will this help programs like Planetary anihilation? I will try ASAP, as the game was recently updated to try to address those. It might also be due to sway.
        There was an issue in xwayland which got fixed in git-master. Though you might also need to add
        Code:
                <application name="game name" executable="game executable">
                    <option name="radeonsi_zerovram" value="true" />
                </application>
        to ~/.drirc for some application specific cases.

Comment

Tried PA a couple of days ago. Menu works after recent update (finally!), but all 3D objects in game are white.

UPD: This is with R9 380, mesa-19.3.0_rc6, llvm-9.0.1_rc2
          Last edited by puleglot; 10 December 2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by puleglot View Post
            Tried PA a couple of days ago. Menu works after recent update (finally!), but all 3D objects in game are white.

UPD: This is with R9 380, mesa-19.3.0_rc6, llvm-9.0.1_rc2
            Eeh? 3D was the only part that worked really well until now for me :/ (edit: which DE? X11 or Wayland?)

aufkrawall thanks, I will see once that lands in the next X.org release (unfortunately, those can be quite long to wait for...). I tried to zero VRAM trough the environment variable, which didn't fix the issue I was experiencing.
            Last edited by M@yeulC; 10 December 2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Dumb question, I thought this was a kernel bug. Why are they patching Mesa?

Comment

Originally posted by pouar View Post
                Dumb question, I thought this was a kernel bug. Why are they patching Mesa?
                It's a mesa bug related to display buffers with DCC (compression), but the mesa feature relies on certain kernel functionality to support this, so mesa only enabled the feature when the kernel version was new enough.

Comment

Working...
                X