EXA on R600 (AGP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXA on R600 (AGP)

Is EXA available on R600 chips with AGP interface now? There was something on radeonhd ML, but how is the status now? Is there something where I can help to get it work, testing, error reports? I've tried it with actual git tree of radeonhd, but only got a black screen with
    II) RADEONHD(0): Mapped IO @ 0xff3f0000 to 0x7ff84b449000 (size 0x00010000)
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Mapped FB @ 0xd0000000 to 0x7ff837787000 (size 0x10000000)
    (WW) RADEONHD(0): RHDCSInit: No CS for R600 and up yet.
    this in the X-log.

AGP support still needs some additional coding in the driver, mostly a bunch of new code in drm AFAIK. Alex is trying to get the EXA corruption issues worked out on PCIE first.
    Test signature

Comment

Tested the initial AGP support that got into r6xx-r7xx-support, but this results in a black screen when I start kdm (mouse is visible) and X consumes 100% CPU.

Comment

OK, thanks. Could I ask you to post x log and dmesg output on pastebin or something ?
        Test signature

Comment

Since the logs normaly are to long to paste:

Comment

In the meantime you can use the PCIE gart if you apply this patch to the rhd driver:

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
              In the meantime you can use the PCIE gart if you apply this patch to the rhd driver:
              http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/force_pcie_mode.diff
              Ok, I'll try. I've also tested Christians patches (http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2.../msg00350.html) but this led to screen corruptions. Will take a screenshot if it happens again.

Comment

Ok, I still get these screen corruptions:

Also X didn't survived switching to console and back. After switching back, I got a black screen again with 100% CPU used by X.

This is from the first try:
                [drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map
                [drm] Loading RV635 CP Microcode
                [drm] Loading RV635 PFP Microcode
                [drm] Resetting GPU
                [drm] writeback test succeeded in 2 usecs
                [drm] writeback forced off
                X:664 conflicting memory types d0000000-e0000000 write-combining<->uncached-minus
                reserve_memtype failed 0xd0000000-0xe0000000, track write-combining, req write-combining
                X:664 conflicting memory types d0000000-e0000000 write-combining<->uncached-minus
                reserve_memtype failed 0xd0000000-0xe0000000, track write-combining, req write-combining
                X:672 freeing invalid memtype d0000000-e0000000
                [drm] Loading RV635 CP Microcode
                [drm] Loading RV635 PFP Microcode
                [drm] Resetting GPU
                Second try I didn't switched to console but logged in to get the screenshot. After this, I removed radeon and drm kernel module and switched back to fglrx:
                [fglrx] AGP detected, AgpState = 0x1f000b2b (hardware caps of chipset)
                [fglrx] [agp] enabling AGP with mode=0x1f000b2a
                agpgart-amd64 0000:00:00.0: AGP 3.0 bridge
                agpgart-amd64 0000:00:00.0: putting AGP V3 device into 8x mode
                fglrx_pci 0000:01:00.0: putting AGP V3 device into 8x mode
                [fglrx] AGP enabled, AgpCommand = 0x1f000302 (selected caps)
                [fglrx] Setup AGP aperture
                [fglrx:__mc_heap_map_virtual_space] *ERROR* Failed to map the virtual space
                [fglrx:mc_heap_alloc_reserved_mem] *ERROR* Can not get virtual address for this reserved range
                [fglrx:MCIL_AllocateMemory] *ERROR* Can not allocate requested local FB memory
                [fglrx:__gart_init] *ERROR* Gps_GartInitialization failed.
                [fglrx:gal_init] *ERROR* Failed to initialize gal
                [fglrx:mc_heap_init] *ERROR* Fail to initialize GAL
                [fglrx:firegl_init_pcie] *ERROR* GAL initialization failure
                X:5348 conflicting memory types d0000000-e0000000 uncached-minus<->write-combining
                reserve_memtype failed 0xd0000000-0xe0000000, track uncached-minus, req uncached-minus
                X:5348 conflicting memory types d0000000-e0000000 uncached-minus<->write-combining
                reserve_memtype failed 0xd0000000-0xe0000000, track uncached-minus, req uncached-minus
                X:5359 freeing invalid memtype d0000000-e0000000

Comment

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
                  Ok, I still get these screen corruptions:

Also X didn't survived switching to console and back. After switching back, I got a black screen again with 100% CPU used by X.

This is from the first try:

Second try I didn't switched to console but logged in to get the screenshot. After this, I removed radeon and drm kernel module and switched back to fglrx:
                  Those screen corruptions is not because of using AGP, but just the state of r600 support. I get the same corruptions on PCIE.

Comment

FYI agd5f just pushed fixes for all the known corruption issues.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X