Where is Catalyst 9-1??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Catalyst 9-1??

Any ideas? Usually they released the drivers between 15 and 22 of the month, but nothing yet. I wonder what it will bring...

Since 9.1 means "2009-01", it will come this month :P

Comment

Or, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by smlbstcbr View Post
        I wonder what it will bring...
        new amazing bugs

Comment

Originally posted by smlbstcbr View Post
          Any ideas? Usually they released the drivers between 15 and 22 of the month, but nothing yet. I wonder what it will bring...
          You want ideas? How about these:
          • They are angry because the beta driver has been leaked. And this is our collective punishment: no new driver before March.
          • They are hibernating. Same effect as above.
          • They realized that the beta driver is good enough as it is.
          • The last Christmas party got a bit out of hand, and amidst all the partying and drinking the entire code was erased. And now they can't find the download link for the beta driver anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
            new amazing bugs
            I hope not so amazing and not so many. With 8.11 I got really slow 3D in some wine applications. With 8.12 3D performance was fixed but 2D got broken (Battle For Wesnoth 1.5.7 started to work very slow, especially with "improved" cursor turned on in options). Just wondering will 9.1 be better or not...

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_L View Post
              • The last Christmas party got a bit out of hand, and amidst all the partying and drinking the entire code was erased. And now they can't find the download link for the beta driver anymore.
              Actually, that would be awesome. The leaked 9.1/9.2 are the first drivers where I can play TF2 smoothly, and if they lost all the source to the Catalyst driver, they'd have to all jump on Radeon/RadeonHD

Comment

Originally posted by grantek View Post
                Actually, that would be awesome. The leaked 9.1/9.2 are the first drivers where I can play TF2 smoothly
                Don't worry, that's going to be fixed! I mean the bug of good performance

We are not allowed to have good performance using such a libertine operating system! Long live to close sourcing and obfuscating open sources!! (with nv, it seems nVidia agrees with this dumb theory )

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_L View Post
                  • They are angry because the beta driver has been leaked. And this is our collective punishment: no new driver before March.
                  • They are hibernating. Same effect as above.
                  • They realized that the beta driver is good enough as it is.
                  More like:
                  • The driver is finished, but so many people have been laid off from AMD recently that there is no-one left to upload it to the web site.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter View Post
                    More like:
                    • The driver is finished, but so many people have been laid off from AMD recently that there is no-one left to upload it to the web site.
                    You forget bridgman!

I think the party is the most funny reason

Comment

Working...
                    X