Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    It it unlikely that a fglrx driver is really stable, but just try the newer ones, usually the system still runs 9-1 fixed a bug with nexuiz screen res change and 9-2 can render gl2benchmark correctly. At least finally some improvements - an error which was in there from 10/07 to 01/09. Well in 02/09 you get the immediate fix for this issue

Leave a comment:

• baqtor
    replied
    Hey guys, while im waiting (being a sucker) for the official drivers, should i go for the 9.1 or the 9.2 betas? Are those any stable? Im using 8.12 @ Ubuntu 8.10.

Thanks and please excuse me for my french

Leave a comment:

• tmpdir
    replied
    [QUOTE=BlueKoala;59395]I keep hitting f5 on the AMD site when I'm at home.{QUOTE]

Yah me to... i'm such a optimist (read: sucker).

Leave a comment:

• BlueKoala
    replied
    I keep hitting f5 on the AMD site when I'm at home.
    I want to see if some of the bugs are resolved.
    The good performance bug is not a priority for me, they can address that one later.
    I want doom3 to play smoothly, I do get over 100fps in demo1 at 1600*1200 Ultra, max filtering. But for whatever reason, it just doesn't seem so smooth.

Leave a comment:

• Vighy
    replied
    Originally posted by Porter View Post
    More like:
    • The driver is finished, but so many people have been laid off from AMD recently that there is no-one left to upload it to the web site.
    You forget bridgman!

I think the party is the most funny reason

Leave a comment:

• Porter
    replied
    Originally posted by Christian_L View Post
    You want ideas? How about these:
    • They are angry because the beta driver has been leaked. And this is our collective punishment: no new driver before March.
    • They are hibernating. Same effect as above.
    • They realized that the beta driver is good enough as it is.
    • The last Christmas party got a bit out of hand, and amidst all the partying and drinking the entire code was erased. And now they can't find the download link for the beta driver anymore.
    More like:
    • The driver is finished, but so many people have been laid off from AMD recently that there is no-one left to upload it to the web site.

Leave a comment:

• Vighy
    replied
    Originally posted by grantek View Post
    Actually, that would be awesome. The leaked 9.1/9.2 are the first drivers where I can play TF2 smoothly
    Don't worry, that's going to be fixed! I mean the bug of good performance

We are not allowed to have good performance using such a libertine operating system! Long live to close sourcing and obfuscating open sources!! (with nv, it seems nVidia agrees with this dumb theory )

Leave a comment:

• grantek
    replied
    Originally posted by Christian_L View Post
    • The last Christmas party got a bit out of hand, and amidst all the partying and drinking the entire code was erased. And now they can't find the download link for the beta driver anymore.
    Actually, that would be awesome. The leaked 9.1/9.2 are the first drivers where I can play TF2 smoothly, and if they lost all the source to the Catalyst driver, they'd have to all jump on Radeon/RadeonHD

Leave a comment:

• Pulfer
    replied
    Originally posted by Vighy View Post
    new amazing bugs
    I hope not so amazing and not so many. With 8.11 I got really slow 3D in some wine applications. With 8.12 3D performance was fixed but 2D got broken (Battle For Wesnoth 1.5.7 started to work very slow, especially with "improved" cursor turned on in options). Just wondering will 9.1 be better or not...

Leave a comment:

• Christian_L
    replied
    Originally posted by smlbstcbr View Post
    Any ideas? Usually they released the drivers between 15 and 22 of the month, but nothing yet. I wonder what it will bring...
    • They are angry because the beta driver has been leaked. And this is our collective punishment: no new driver before March.
    • They are hibernating. Same effect as above.
    • They realized that the beta driver is good enough as it is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X