X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuxd3v
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    It's only time and priorities (limited resources), I think we all will get the support only not now.
    At least we hope so

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Originally posted by orome View Post

it's more like:
    AMD(2016): Buy APUs! It's next next heterogeneous thing! Call it HSA!
    AMD: Don't call it HSA it's ROCm now!
    AMD (2018): Fck everybody who bought APUs. We don't support them in ROCm anymore.
    A bad corporate joke is still a joke, but you're right

C'mon AMD, you can play it a lot less dirty these days with all the Chinese money...

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    Oh, thanks for catching that. I haven't paid much attention to their laptop chips.

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    Originally posted by coder View Post
    Ryzen 2700 is not an APU. APU means integrated graphics, so it's chips like the Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G. There are also low-power GE versions, and then 3000-series equivalents (don't be fooled by the numbering - the 3000-series are still using 12 nm Zen+ - not 7 nm Zen2).
    Or he means Ryzen 7 2700U.
    https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-7-2700u

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Q: I am looking for the patches to enable ROCm on APUs. Can you share them?

A: Unfortunately not. Bruhnspace cannot share the patches.

I feel like I'm the only one who clicks the links in the articles around here.
    I did follow the link, I found all their binaries, I really didn't think they wouldn't be sharing their code though

I was kinda hoping it was going to be a simple switch they flicked to allow it, I was going to see if the same would work for my Tonga card which doesn't seem to be supported either

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Originally posted by dkasak View Post
    I've been running Einstein @ Home and Seti @ Home ( GPU tasks ) on a Ryzen 2700 APU for 6 months or so. I assume these are OpenCL.
    Ryzen 2700 is not an APU. APU means integrated graphics, so it's chips like the Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G. There are also low-power GE versions, and then 3000-series equivalents (don't be fooled by the numbering - the 3000-series are still using 12 nm Zen+ - not 7 nm Zen2).

Leave a comment:

• Marc.2377
    replied
    Originally posted by dkasak View Post
    I've been running Einstein @ Home and Seti @ Home ( GPU tasks ) on a Ryzen 2700 APU for 6 months or so. I assume these are OpenCL.
    Yes they are.

p.s. Why did they disable it in the first place? APUs were touted back in the day for their HSA features which were much superior to OpenCL alone. Now they remove/disable the support? I didn't hear of this previously. Was it temporary? Was it not working well?

Leave a comment:

• dkasak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
    AMd is doing a strange game here..
    I hope it wont backfire..
    It's only time and priorities (limited resources), I think we all will get the support only not now.

Leave a comment:

• tuxd3v
    replied
    Originally posted by ryao View Post
    We could not get the patch even if this software were using the GPL. AMD holds copyright on it, so only AMD can do license enforcement.
    Well, it depends,
    if AMD released the code, and in the mix were GPL code, AMD has to release not only a part, but all of it, if not is License Infringement..
    If AMd has patches that never went in the mix with GPL, then AMD can do with them whatever they wan to..

But they will be useless, because when AMd patch GPL code with them, will be forced to release them anyway..
    So the patch's are useless, because they cannot be used, unless in a proprietary piece of code..
    Last edited by tuxd3v; 10-01-2019, 10:47 PM. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X