Unofficial Radeon ROCm Packages Re-Enable APU Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
    I've been running Einstein @ Home and Seti @ Home ( GPU tasks ) on a Ryzen 2700 APU for 6 months or so. I assume these are OpenCL.
    Ryzen 2700 is not an APU. APU means integrated graphics, so it's chips like the Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G. There are also low-power GE versions, and then 3000-series equivalents (don't be fooled by the numbering - the 3000-series are still using 12 nm Zen+ - not 7 nm Zen2).

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Q: I am looking for the patches to enable ROCm on APUs. Can you share them?

A: Unfortunately not. Bruhnspace cannot share the patches.

I feel like I'm the only one who clicks the links in the articles around here.
      I did follow the link, I found all their binaries, I really didn't think they wouldn't be sharing their code though

I was kinda hoping it was going to be a simple switch they flicked to allow it, I was going to see if the same would work for my Tonga card which doesn't seem to be supported either

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Ryzen 2700 is not an APU. APU means integrated graphics, so it's chips like the Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G. There are also low-power GE versions, and then 3000-series equivalents (don't be fooled by the numbering - the 3000-series are still using 12 nm Zen+ - not 7 nm Zen2).
        Or he means Ryzen 7 2700U.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
          Oh, thanks for catching that. I haven't paid much attention to their laptop chips.

Comment

Originally posted by orome View Post

it's more like:
            AMD(2016): Buy APUs! It's next next heterogeneous thing! Call it HSA!
            AMD: Don't call it HSA it's ROCm now!
            AMD (2018): Fck everybody who bought APUs. We don't support them in ROCm anymore.
            A bad corporate joke is still a joke, but you're right

C'mon AMD, you can play it a lot less dirty these days with all the Chinese money...

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
              It's only time and priorities (limited resources), I think we all will get the support only not now.
              At least we hope so

Comment

Working...
              X