Valve's ACO Shader Compiler For The Mesa Radeon Vulkan Driver Just Landed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Do a Google search of AMCO...basically it's a taken proprietary acronym and is also used for Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office....I don't think an office job there would be a cool as I'd like it to be....

Also, it's a Steam project and not an AMD one which explains why AMD didn't name it.
    This is going to be the last time I post before my morning coffee. Whoops.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

This is going to be the last time I post before my morning coffee. Whoops.
      FWIW, I do that all that time before I finish my coffee.

Comment

Where do I put the RADV_PERFTEST=aco ? Also does Oibaf PPA have ACO yet?

Comment

FWIW, I do that all that time before I finish my coffee.
          That explains your weird posts! Do you smoke a joint too?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            Where do I put the RADV_PERFTEST=aco ? Also does Oibaf PPA have ACO yet?
            Personally, I use /etc/environment for stuff like that so it's all exported before Mesa starts, but it can be placed in any low-level file the system sources for exports, your login shell's rc file, launching Steam with "RADV_PERFTEST=aco steam" in a terminal works, "RADV_PERFTEST=aco %command%" in a Steam game's launch option also works".

Anywhere you use normally export an environment variable, that's where.

Comment

And I just compiled Mesa-Aco yesterday...

I suppose I should lather, rinse, repeat from Mesa-Master
              Probably best to stick to ACO branch until it is default in mesa. Its easier to disable ACO for llvm in the rare case ACO is broken with that title, than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

Probably best to stick to ACO branch until it is default in mesa. Its easier to disable ACO for llvm in the rare case ACO is broken with that title, than the other way around.
                The NIR patches in the ACO branch break aiming a gun in Hitman 2 so I'm gonna stick to Mesa's master branch and use "export RADV_PERFTEST=aco" in /etc/environment until that gets resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

That explains your weird posts! Do you smoke a joint too?
                  I smoke two joints when I wake up. With coffee I smoke two joints.

I smoke two joints when I compile software, and every 10,000 threads.

I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints. And then I smoke two more.

Comment

I smoke two joints when I wake up. With coffee I smoke two joints.

I smoke two joints when I compile software, and every 10,000 threads.

I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints. And then I smoke two more.
                    Are you the typical geek with GAD?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

Are you the typical geek with GAD?
                      I had to google that acronym

.....yes

Comment

Working...
                      X