Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD "Trusted Memory Zone" Encrypted vRAM Support Coming To Their Linux GPU Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD "Trusted Memory Zone" Encrypted vRAM Support Coming To Their Linux GPU Driver

Phoronix: AMD "Trusted Memory Zone" Encrypted vRAM Support Coming To Their Linux GPU Driver

AMD Trusted Memory Zone support is a new feature being worked on for their open-source graphics driver that works in conjunction with the graphics hardware for being able to encrypt portions of the video memory...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ed-Memory-Zone

I'm all for more encryption and don't see anything wrong with this, but it leaves me scratching my head. What use could this have? What are they trying to protect?

Comment

digital Rights Management support maybe,like Widevike from Google?

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
        digital Rights Management support maybe,like Widevike from Google?
        Could be potentially that. Or maybe workstation/enterprise applications.

Comment

AndyChow - It's for DRM (Digital Restrictions Management). Your own data won't be protected, don't worry.

Comment

Speaking of GEM, how is that project for a unified memory something that started because nvidia EGL Stream?

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
              AndyChow - It's for DRM (Digital Restrictions Management). Your own data won't be protected, don't worry.
              I wish DRM would die. I want to listen to my purchased music, not be filled with this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                Speaking of GEM, how is that project for a unified memory something that started because nvidia EGL Stream?
                I guess they stopped working on it because GNOME and KDE have EGLStreams support now.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I wish DRM would die. I want to listen to my purchased music, not be filled with this crap.
                  Is not yours, you merely licensed it.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Is not yours, you merely licensed it.
                    Once again, I repeat, I did not mean "it is mine". I only purchased it, so "a copy of it is mine". (by this, I mean the ability to listen the copy)
                    Last edited by tildearrow; 09-12-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X