Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 14 Will Work Its Way Into A Workstation Graphics Card

Phoronix: Navi 14 Will Work Its Way Into A Workstation Graphics Card

When it comes to Navi graphics processors in workstation cards, there's now confirmation of at least one coming with the "Navi 14" GPU...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will it support virtualization? Otherwise it doesn't interest me at all.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Since the patch mentions mxgpu, I would guess that it does.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        That's the whole point of SRIOV.... that said, the real question is how much will it cost and how well will it perform.

Comment

Yes! Please, 4:4:4 for once...

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post

That's the whole point of SRIOV.... that said, the real question is how much will it cost and how well will it perform.
            I wouldn't hold my breath. With the S7150, you got up to 16 virtual gpus, but performance was abysmal. Anyone that thinks they will be able to play games on this is likely to be completely disappointed.

Comment

Yep I agree there unfortunately. At least you could do something like get a threadripper system, and install a second GPU... to dedicate to a VM.

Comment

Working...
              X