Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 19.Q3 for Linux Released

Phoronix: Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 19.Q3 for Linux Released

On Wednesday marked the release of AMD's Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise driver package for Windows and Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Linux-Released

From the article it would suggest that there are no official releases for RHEL/CentOS 8 or Ubuntu 18.04.3

When actual have released the amdgpu-pro and amdgpu-open
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/graph...eon-rx-5700-xt

Of course this is for consumer hardware (not FirePro), but it does support RHEL/CentOS 8 and Ubuntu 18.04.3...

Comment

Wish they get OS drivers sorted soon, yeah, that's wishful thinking, but anyway so that I could give AMD > 400 euro of RX 5700 instead of giving them < 200 euro of RX 580.

RX 580 feels so sweet with mature drivers for 1080p and less than half of the price of RX 5700.

Comment

AFAIK the 19.30 drivers include both all-open and hybrid versions.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          AFAIK the 19.30 drivers include both all-open and hybrid versions.
          Just checked it, yeah, you are right. Impressive. It has been a long road to come here. Hats off for you mister. Just shame on me I have switched back to Debian.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
            Just shame on me I have switched back to Debian.
            We tweaked the package scripts a bit recently to let the Ubuntu packages install on similar non-Ubuntu OSes, although that might have just been for Mint. If you are running a Debian release that has similar component versions to Ubuntu LTS then they might work for you, not sure.

There is a fair amount of logic in the kernel code to take different paths for different kernel versions; IIRC that is triggered by kernel version rather than distro release to keep it at least somewhat distro-agnostic.

Comment

Working...
            X