No announcement yet.

AMDVLK 2019.Q3.4 Vulkan Driver Enables Atomic Optimizer For Navi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill it with fire, please. Go full to the RADV route and Mesa- only, please.

AMD, please rethink your strategy and play better with the rules of the Free Software community. Look at Intel, for example.

AMDVLK and friends sucks. Please remove all the bloatware/middleware/framework crap.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      AMD, please rethink your strategy and play better with the rules of the Free Software community.
      Actually the work is under the MIT License:
      AMD Open Source Driver For Vulkan. Contribute to GPUOpen-Drivers/AMDVLK development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post
        I am still getting corruption in the latest code drop on Navi (5700XT)
        I decided to build AMDVLK from git and everything works ok, so your problem is probably amdgpu related.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          Go full to the RADV route and Mesa- only, please.
          There is no reason not to have it available - besides you can have many vulkan drivers on your system at once and just set which icd you want to load

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsin View Post

I decided to build AMDVLK from git and everything works ok, so your problem is probably amdgpu related.
            I am running the DRM-NEXT kernel, mesa-git and llvm-git - I had the same corruption in the previous release as well. RADV manages to work fine

Comment

Are you on a 5700XT? I have not yet met a single person who has been able to get their 5700XT to play nice with AMDVLK. RADV works fine on the 5700XT, and both Vulkan implementations work fine with my RX 590.

Comment

Originally posted by mcoffin View Post

Are you on a 5700XT? I have not yet met a single person who has been able to get their 5700XT to play nice with AMDVLK.
                I have an AMD 5700 XT, Ubuntu 18.04.3 + 5.0.0-25-generic Linux kernel, amdgpu-pro-19.30-855429-ubuntu-18.04 (installed AMDGPU-open bundle), AMDVLK-v-2019.Q3.3 Vulkan driver. Everything I try works great, guess you met someone now

Comment

I have an AMD 5700 XT, Ubuntu 18.04.3 + 5.0.0-25-generic Linux kernel, amdgpu-pro-19.30-855429-ubuntu-18.04 (installed AMDGPU-open bundle), AMDVLK-v-2019.Q3.3 Vulkan driver. Everything I try works great, guess you met someone now
                  Ok, at this point I have seriously scoured the internet, and you're the only one I've found that has this working. Would you mind maybe hopping on IRC so I can at least see what you've got going on? I would greatly appreciate it lol

Comment

Originally posted by mcoffin View Post

Ok, at this point I have seriously scoured the internet, and you're the only one I've found that has this working. Would you mind maybe hopping on IRC so I can at least see what you've got going on? I would greatly appreciate it lol
                    Well AMDVLK does not provide a 32-bit on a 64-bit system compatibility driver, but RADV does. Any program that requires Vulkan is usually 64-bit. The only reason you would need to use that is VK9 (wine vulkan), because that is the only thing I have seen that requires it (for 32bit games).

In that case RADV actually does provide a 32-bit compatible layer on a 64-bit system. However, I find most Direct-3D version 9 run fine with generic wine driver...

Is there a specific game you are trying to run? Does your install run opengl games correctly? Has your GPU been stress-tested for stability?
                    Last edited by digitalsin; 06 September 2019, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X