X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by santiago View Post
    Yeah, good point. Why is not in upstream repo yet?

Leave a comment:

• santiago
    replied
    I found Navi firmware files here: https://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5..._ucode/navi10/

Leave a comment:

• santiago
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    For Debian testing/unstsable, just build latest libdrm yourself, build latest kernel and Mesa master. Then you should be good to go with Navi. Firmware package is already up to date:

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1049...into-unstable/
    Yeah, firmware in Debian testing is already updated from current upstream. But I don't see any Navi related files in package nor in upstream git:
    Code:
    $ dpkg -L firmware-amd-graphics | grep -i navi | wc -l
    Do we need Navi firmware published and packaged for full opensource graphics stack to work? It seems Michael has tested mesa without it.

Leave a comment:

• MrCooper
    replied
    Originally posted by DMJC View Post
    Basically outside of Debian Stretch/Ubuntu 18.04. The performance is 0% since the card doesn't work with X.org API Version 24. It only works with version 23. So it doesn't work in Debian Buster or Bullseye. Still waiting for a Mesa/X11 release with support for the card.
    An Xorg ABI mismatch has nothing to do with hardware support, it means the Xorg video driver was built for a different version of Xorg.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    For Debian testing/unstsable, just build latest libdrm yourself, build latest kernel and Mesa master. Then you should be good to go with Navi. Firmware package is already up to date:

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    The performance is 0% since the card doesn't work with X.org API Version 24. It only works with version 23.
    Can you help me understand this a bit better ? Navi support is in latest upstream Mesa so if anything I would expect it to work with the newer API version and not the older one.

So it doesn't work in Debian Buster or Bullseye. Still waiting for a Mesa/X11 release with support for the card.
    Are you just saying that it doesn't work in unmodified Buster or Bullseye, or that there is some technical reason why latest upstream kernel/mesa can not be used with either of them ?

The former seems very likely since AFAICS the Bullseye libraries are roughly same version as Buster's at the moment (too old to have Navi support until Bullseye picks up newer versions) but I'm not aware of a reason why either Buster or Bullseye could not be updated with sufficiently new kernel/mesa/firmware to run Navi well.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix
    If looking at the geometric mean of these results from roughly three weeks ago to now, there is a slight advantage to the newest code overall.
    That's an odd conclusion to draw given the results. Did Michael write this article before running the tests, and forget to update it after?

Leave a comment:

• DMJC
    replied
    Basically outside of Debian Stretch/Ubuntu 18.04. The performance is 0% since the card doesn't work with X.org API Version 24. It only works with version 23. So it doesn't work in Debian Buster or Bullseye. Still waiting for a Mesa/X11 release with support for the card.

Leave a comment:

• Venemo
    replied
    If looking at the geometric mean of these results from roughly three weeks ago to now, there is a slight advantage to the newest code overall
    That is unless you have an 5700 XT, in which case there is a 6% decrease.

Leave a comment:

• marek
    replied
    There is a regression in LLVM that may have decreased performance. This might fix it:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X