No announcement yet.

AMDVLK 2019.Q3.3 Released With More Navi Performance Tuning, Vulkan Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK 2019.Q3.3 Released With More Navi Performance Tuning, Vulkan Extensions

Phoronix: AMDVLK 2019.Q3.3 Released With More Navi Performance Tuning, Vulkan Extensions

Two weeks after AMDVLK received initial Navi 10 support, another release of this official open-source AMD Radeon Vulkan Linux driver is now available. With this 2019.Q3.3 release there is performance optimizations for Navi as well as some new extensions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, why are you waiting for RADV to get ready, to doing a Vulkan benchmark on the Navi cards?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      Michael, why are you waiting for RADV to get ready, to doing a Vulkan benchmark on the Navi cards?
      I have some coming out today, was waiting for RADV to finish landing all of the early optimizations and patches. Plus still hitting hangs in a few games.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael what games?

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post
          Michael what games?
          Rise of the Tomb Raider is the main one of the games I frequently benchmark but Batman Arkham Origins was another one I believe always would end up hanging too. That's as of the latest Mesa Git this weekend, LLVM 9.0, Linux 5.3 Git.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah, it's a known issue for RoTR, I will try to fix it asap.

Comment

Note that you should be able to benchmark RoTR with RADV_DEBUG=nongg

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I have some coming out today, was waiting for RADV to finish landing all of the early optimizations and patches. Plus still hitting hangs in a few games.
                What I meant was, why not use AMDVLK?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Rise of the Tomb Raider is the main one of the games I frequently benchmark but Batman Arkham Origins was another one I believe always would end up hanging too. That's as of the latest Mesa Git this weekend, LLVM 9.0, Linux 5.3 Git.
                  If you're using the latest LLVM it should be reporting 10

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

If you're using the latest LLVM it should be reporting 10
                    That's what I'm using currently and I built it all Saturday.

EDIT: And AMDVLK today when I saw this article

Comment

Working...
                    X