Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulocoghi
    replied
    I will try a fresh install. Thanks for all the information!

Leave a comment:

• esmth
    replied
    I don't have much to add. Both ubuntu 19.04 and 18.04 work flawlessly on my Athlon with it's iGPU

Leave a comment:

• paulocoghi
    replied
    My BIOS is updated with AGESA 1.0.0.6 and the following packages are installed as well:

- xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu: 19.0.1
    - mesa: 19.2

Leave a comment:

• paulocoghi
    replied
    I am using the Ubuntu Graphics Drivers PPA from Oibaf, available on https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archiv...aphics-drivers with everything updated.

Also, my Ubuntu 18.04.2 is completely updated.

Leave a comment:

• paulocoghi
    replied
    Originally posted by esmth View Post
    I have an Athlon 240GE and Asus B350M-E and I have no issues with kernel 5.2.
    My motherboard is a MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC (mini-itx)

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    Perhaps graphics off functionality is not working on your board. Does appending amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffff3fff to the kernel command line in grub help?
    Yes, appending amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffff3fff to the kernel command line in grub makes my login screen appear correctly again, on both monitors and with the perfect resolution.

But it goes only one step further. After I login, my Mate DE v1.20.1 loads with the correct resolution, but doesn't load completely. It remains frozen (tested a couple of times now). Only the mouse moves, but the wallpaper doesn't appear (remains gray) and the DE doesn't respond to any action/clicks.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Perhaps graphics off functionality is not working on your board. Does appending amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffff3fff to the kernel command line in grub help?

Leave a comment:

• esmth
    replied
    I have an Athlon 240GE and Asus B350M-E and I have no issues with kernel 5.2. Though I do run Debian 10 (just with a mainline non-rc kernel)

Can you compile the kernel yourself? Have you tried to git bisect between a working and nonworking release?

I'll play around with ubuntu 18.04 and see if I have a similar issue on my pc.

Leave a comment:

• Kernel 5.2.* compatiblity with Athlon 200GE and Ryzen APUs

To be able to use my Athlon 200GE APU on Ubuntu 18.04, I have to temporarily boot with nomodeset and update the kernel to, at least, 4.19 from https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/ ( instructions here ).

Since then, I update the kernel with every non-rc mainline kernel release, and the experience is perfect.

Every kernel between 4.19.* and 5.1.* branches works flawlessly, but now, no kernel from branch 5.2.* works (including 5.2, 5.2.1 and 5.2.2).

I am only able to boot with 5.2.* using nomodeset again, but it seems that the APU isn't used on all its potential, since login screen only appears on one monitor (there are two) and with wrong resolution.

What changes were made on branch 5.2 that create this issue? And which options do we have?
Working...
X