Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Cauldron 1.0 Released As AMD's New SDK Framework

Phoronix: Radeon Cauldron 1.0 Released As AMD's New SDK Framework

Radeon Cauldron 1.0 is AMD's new graphics SDK framework for developing Vulkan and Direct3D 12 demos/prototypes/samples...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They don't make Linux support clear, but the Vulkan code is cleanly separated from D3D12, they use the CMake build system, and all of the code is MIT licensed. So if the Vulkan support code isn't already working on Linux, likely should be with just a little bit of work.
    No, it's actually not very well separated. CMake is just used for a few dependencies; the build system is MSVS. This is a very Windows-specific project. Move along.

Comment

Yeah no Linux support. Very Windows-specific.

Comment

AMD management is garbage. They need to bring everything together.

Comment

Originally posted by bearoso View Post
          No, it's actually not very well separated. CMake is just used for a few dependencies; the build system is MSVS. This is a very Windows-specific project. Move along.
          I sometimes wish we could use the Visual build system on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

So why don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

You can, sort of. msbuild is open source, but the XML format is too verbose to even look at without a GUI.

That's not really the limiting factor here. This zany project uses DirectXMath with Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by nsneck View Post
                Yeah no Linux support. Very Windows-specific.
                So was AMD AGS, which is part of this, but doitsujin managed to make it work with DXVK.

The DirectX libraries that common/Vulkan need are open source under the MIT license. I'd bet that we'll see something Linux come from this eventually.

Comment

And still no GUI for Linux.

I would says AMD is amazingly incompetent, but that's not the problem.

They've simply found out that all they have to do is yell "open source! open source!", and then no one will hold them accountable for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    So was AMD AGS, which is part of this, but doitsujin managed to make it work with DXVK.

The DirectX libraries that common/Vulkan need are open source under the MIT license. I'd bet that we'll see something Linux come from this eventually.
                    Except, I don't develop on Linux so that I can use MS libraries. If I wanted to use DirectX, I'd probably be developing on Windows.

Great, if it's useful for some people, but I think it's clearly not for us.

Comment

Working...
                    X