Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon ROCm 2.6 Released - Without Navi Support But Adds BFloat16 & Other Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon ROCm 2.6 Released - Without Navi Support But Adds BFloat16 & Other Features

Phoronix: Radeon ROCm 2.6 Released - Without Navi Support But Adds BFloat16 & Other Features

ROCm 2.6 was released overnight and when initially seeing this new Radeon Open Compute support come right after the Radeon RX 5700/5700XT launch, I was hopeful it would bring Navi support but sadly there are no signs of it in this release. But at least ROCm 2.6 is bringing other features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did about my 20th reinstall trying to get the viewers in the fusion tab working in Davinci Resolve and yesterday they finally stated working. I couldn't figure out why it just suddenly started working. I need to reboot and see if this is the reason.

Comment

Has anyone tried it on PCIe 4 (or PCIe 3 but on a PCIe 4 slot), and does it work?

Comment

Still waiting for better support of both desktop and mobile Raven Ridge. OpenCL is still slow with the Rocm version

Comment

Again no open source image support. AMD will end up others doing their work.

Comment

I'm pretty the ROCm implementation does have image support... are you maybe thinking about Clover ?
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
              Again no open source image support. AMD will end up others doing their work.
              Also, ROCm is open source...

Comment

Just wondered what AMD hardware that supported bfloat16 natively. However it seems the answer is "none" yet.

Added mixed precision bfloat16/IEEE f32 to gemm_ex. The input and output matrices are bfloat16. All arithmetic is in IEEE f32.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  I'm pretty the ROCm implementation does have image support... are you maybe thinking about Clover ?
                  libhsa-ext-image64.so is part of hsa-ext-rocr-dev closed component and not present on many distributions like Arch.

Comment

Is this thing still (nearly?) unusable outside the 2 specific distros it supports?

Comment

Working...
                    X