Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Getting Fixed Up To Expose 10-bit VP9 Decode

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
    Lol, VP9 decode? Even H.264 decode through VAAPI doesn't work. AMD's vaCreateSurfaces implementation creates NV12 surface, while their vaDeriveImage implementation doesn't support NV12.
    Except that it works?

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

      Does your GPU support VP9 decode?
      I've read that Polaris/RX480 has hybrid VP9 support, not sure on the Linux support yet.

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
        Lol, VP9 decode? Even H.264 decode through VAAPI doesn't work. AMD's vaCreateSurfaces implementation creates NV12 surface, while their vaDeriveImage implementation doesn't support NV12.
        Even copying a surface to another surface twice doesn't work. Wow.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

          Even copying a surface to another surface twice doesn't work. Wow.
          ??? vaCreateSurfaces allocates memory for decoding/encoding, vaDeriveImage merely creates a VAImage object that represents a given surface and doesn't perform any copies.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

            I've read that Polaris/RX480 has hybrid VP9 support, not sure on the Linux support yet.
            Raven (VCN 1.0) is the first chip with VP9 support in hardware. Polaris chips do not have VP9 support in hardware.

            Comment

            Working...
            X