Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMDGPU Radeon Graphics Code Is Getting Ready For Linux 5.3

Phoronix: More AMDGPU Radeon Graphics Code Is Getting Ready For Linux 5.3

While eagerly looking out for the Navi/RDNA enablement for the upcoming Radeon RX 5700 / RX 5700XT graphics cards, which should be out soon, in the mean time some other work-in-progress code has been queued as additional material that will make it for the Linux 5.3 cycle...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...5.3-HMM-DC-WIP

That HMM support certainly does sound pretty interesting, I wonder how well it is going to work!

Comment

phoronix
      Dear Michael, what do you mean by Raven Ridge "Raven1" refresh devices?
      I don't know of any refresh for Raven Ridge, do you mean "Raven 2" or Picasso?

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Vulkan View Post
        phoronix
        Dear Michael, what do you mean by Raven Ridge "Raven1" refresh devices?
        I don't know of any refresh for Raven Ridge, do you mean "Raven 2" or Picasso?
        I am relaying what was said in the commit, they were called Raven1 Refresh. But without specifying PCI IDs, didn't see it indicate if it was Raven 2 or Picasso or even something else.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I hope they've fixed the bug where running a Radeon VII with more than one high resolution monitor freezes the system.
          Last edited by Tom B; 06-15-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I'd give anything for Radeon VII to get fixed so that I can run my dual 4Ks. I've been stuck on 5.0.0-rc6 for what seems like forever due to whatever regression was introduced by at least 5.1... Fortunately, I don't _need_ newer than 5.0.0-rc6 at this moment but I'm really bothered that this regression hasn't been resolved in the past several months.

Comment

Working...
            X