Radeon ROCm 2.5 Released With rocThrust, AMD Infinity Fabric Link Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon ROCm 2.5 Released With rocThrust, AMD Infinity Fabric Link Support

Phoronix: Radeon ROCm 2.5 Released With rocThurst, AMD Infinity Fabric Link Support

Version 2.5 of the Radeon Compute Stack (ROCm) was released on Friday as the newest feature release to this open-source HPC / GPU computing stack for AMD graphics hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How do I install ROCm on Manjaro? I installed rocm-clang-ocl, rocm-opencl-runtime and rocm-smi packages.

Comment

Is ROCm expected to be shipped by default in distributions running on AMD graphics once they solve the packaging issues?

Comment

Trying to sort out the PCIe Atomics issue with NXP on the LX2160. I really want to have this working on the RX-5XX cards when we ship.

Comment

I am curious with regards to some ML benchmarks comparison.

Comment

On Arch i can't find a version with Image support. So my best apps like SVP are off. Good work Amd.

Comment

Originally posted by linux4kix View Post
              Trying to sort out the PCIe Atomics issue with NXP on the LX2160. I really want to have this working on the RX-5XX cards when we ship.
              That is a important issue, with gfx8 Cards..
              Without pcie3.0 + Atomic Operations, no Rocm!

Has a probable costumer,
              I am glad to know that someone is working the support out

Comment

Its nice to see the Clarification, regarding AMD Ryzen APUs..
                They are now supported has Hosts, for discrete Cards..that is nice..

The new, released or to be released AMD A9 APUs @6watts of power( Carrizo based, I think.. ), could also be a good option, for a backend that does not rely to much in CPU usage..

Comment

Originally posted by alqm View Post
                  Is ROCm expected to be shipped by default in distributions running on AMD graphics once they solve the packaging issues?
                  Didn't Fedora discuss having it in the official repos... ?

Comment

Still Blender rendering not working properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X