Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI R300 Gallium3D Driver Seeing A Big Performance Fix After Being Regressed For Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsedej
    replied
    Just recently I put x300 on a "power supply test rig" , just to check if power supply works. I booted recent ubuntu and I was shocked that desktop is totally snappy and scrolling 9gag on firefox was without lag. I did not test any games though.

Leave a comment:

• HyperDrive
    replied
    Originally posted by nokipaike View Post
    a little while ago I tried blender 2.8 on a radeon hd 2000, I don't remember if it is based on this driver, it worked, visually, but it had problems with the selection of the objects .. I hope they solved even with these small defects
    Nope, that uses the r600g, not the r300g driver.

Leave a comment:

• nokipaike
    replied
    a little while ago I tried blender 2.8 on a radeon hd 2000, I don't remember if it is based on this driver, it worked, visually, but it had problems with the selection of the objects .. I hope they solved even with these small defects

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    setting a per-buffer flag to disable interprcoess sharing

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    In the end R300 will get a fix and possibly an perf optimization enabling the disk shader cache? So you can teach and old dog new tricks after all

Leave a comment:

• ATI R300 Gallium3D Driver Seeing A Big Performance Fix After Being Regressed For Years

Phoronix: ATI R300 Gallium3D Driver Seeing A Big Performance Fix After Being Regressed For Years

For those still running decade and a half old ATI Radeon graphics hardware like the Radeon Xpress 200M found in numerous notebooks back in the day, a performance regression in the R300 Gallium3D driver is being sorted out after concerned users on this vintage hardware began bisecting and testing patches for a regression to this old ATI open-source driver that appears to have been adversely affected back in 2017...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...mance-Fix-2019
Working...
X