Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgman
    replied
    Before coming to ATI I was actually visited by a team of lawyers demanding royalty payments for the use of "their IP", which was XOR-ing a cursor image onto the screen. At the time I ran a small company designing & building graphics cards and accelerators for other companies selling Mac upgrades.

We told them to get lost and never heard from them again, but I never liked software patents after that experience.
    Last edited by bridgman; 02 January 2009, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    i just hope triangles don't get patented, ever :]
    LOL, sounds like something Rambus or Creative would do if they were in the graphics biz. DEATH TO PATENT TROLLS.

Leave a comment:

• mshopf
    replied
    Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
    Is it supposed to work on RS780 chips, yet?
    Frankly said, nobody tested it on notebook chips so far. The DRM at least has microcode for RS780, I just verified.

You can try to run r600_demo, but you will have to add your pci ID in r600_demo.c - it's easy to spot where. I assume an RS780 is closest to an RV610 or so. Technically, it comes after an RV635, but it probably doesn't have vertex caches, like an RV610.

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
    And are bug reports welcome already or do they make no sense in this early state? And where to file the bug reports?
    Basically, bug reports are always welcome
    Currently there is no list for r600_demo, there probably will never be one. Best chances are on dri-devel, or on the radeonhd list.

Leave a comment:

• bugmenot
    replied
    Is it supposed to work on RS780 chips, yet? And are bug reports welcome already or do they make no sense in this early state? And where to file the bug reports?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Markus
    replied
    [...] It is expected that there will be a modest level of open-source 3D support for the ATI R600 and R700 series in the first half of 2008 for end-users, [...]
    Either they're running very late, or it's scheduled for 2009?

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Microsoft invented triangles, but they're nice enough folks and don't sue people using them.

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Drawing Open-Source Triangles
    yeah, i'd hate to see any "proprietary triangles" on my box ;-)

i just hope triangles don't get patented, ever :]

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Unbelievable, now create some circles
    Amazing what modern GPUs can do, isn't it

Hopefully basic OpenGL support arrives early Q2.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Unbelievable, now create some circles

Leave a comment:

• sabriah
    replied
    It always begins with triangles!

At http://www.fresco.org/screenshots.html, check out the screenshot from 1999-12-13!

Way to go!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X