X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobertCNelson
    replied
    Just a quick commit,

The MPEG-2 Stream off devices such as the HDHomerun (1) (1920x1080) or HD-PVR are not the easiest to decode on an age'ed cpu. I have a 10-20 second sample 16MB. (just pm me for link, (upload via slow cable modem))

1: http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• RobbieAB
    replied
    Not that I am aware off...

Though that might be something I could manage to arrange if the openchrome devs don't kill me for all my questions...

Leave a comment:

• Dieter
    replied
    > XvMC is a bit hit and miss on the Via chipsets as to
    > whether the drivers support it or not. It is being
    > actively worked on for the openChrome drivers...

Is there a chart somewhere showing which features
    openChrome supports on which Via chips? Perhaps similar to

http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature

Leave a comment:

• _txf_
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Sure, but he mentioned MPEG4 and H264 - so I don't think he ment MPEG4 AVC twice.
    Maybe it is just confusion between the container and the codec. It is almost as pointless to accelerate mpeg4-asp as it is to accelerate mpeg2.

Leave a comment:

• chrisr
    replied
    But that's the thing about development communities...

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Chrisr, all your points are valid. The question is whether the development community should invest their (limited) time in MPEG2 acceleration via XvMC or spend their time on MPEG4 instead.

My feeling is that our time is better spent working on MPEG4, where even some modern systems could use help.
    By all means, work on MPEG4 support; I can't help with that. However, with a small amount of guidance I could probably do something for MPEG2 - assuming that the GSoC has already written the shaders.

I managed to add zero-copy TFP support for R100/R200 using the exact same method, with a little help from Michel Danzer...

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Sure, but he mentioned MPEG4 and H264 - so I don't think he ment MPEG4 AVC twice.

Leave a comment:

• deneb
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Well VDPAU does not support MPEG4, only those codecs which are used by BlueRay.
    You mean MPEG-4 ASP (DivX, XviD, ...). It does support MPEG-4 AVC.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well VDPAU does not support MPEG4, only those codecs which are used by BlueRay.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisr View Post
    Well obviously we all want accelerated MPEG4 / H.264 / VC-1 but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to accelerate MPEG2 either!
    Chrisr, all your points are valid. The question is whether the development community should invest their (limited) time in MPEG2 acceleration via XvMC or spend their time on MPEG4 instead.

My feeling is that our time is better spent working on MPEG4, where even some modern systems could use help.

Leave a comment:

• bugmenot
    replied
    Yes, the idea is that it should be portable. The radeon-gallium3d-brach is just to incomplete to let the video decode run on it.

Also the video decoding via gallium3d has still some issues and missing features, look at the last blog entry. It is for example still too slow. Maybe you could help out there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X