AMD Radeon VII Linux Performance vs. NVIDIA Gaming On Ubuntu For Q2'2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenReaper View Post

I imagine a Vega 56 would be even better. Or a 2200G. The question is, does it offer enough performance for your needs? To me, it would be hard to justify a purchase when Navi is around the corner, although I'm not expecting a huge amount there. If nothing else, prices for this kit will be even better then.
    I think too Vega 56 would deliver more / €. However, that Navi is holding me back too from upgrading even though I now have one game needing for a better card, Euro Truck Simular 2. It just seems likely that if one wait for now, then one have to wait at least 1/2 year for Navi to be valid on Linux.

Comment

Using the AMDVLK driver is indeed a thing. On my Vega 64 I lately experience an overall better performance with it than with RADV. Games like Star Citizen, Anthem, Rage 2, No Mans Sky (Vulkan), X4 all have more frames on AMDVLK.

Comment

Is 0 AD benchmark friendly? I would like to see performance of this RTS game included.

Comment

Originally posted by Ipkh View Post
          Is 0 AD benchmark friendly? I would like to see performance of this RTS game included.
          Never saw it have any benchmark options.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

AMDVLK does not have a freesync support and AMDVLK had rendering problems with Just Cause 3 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Just Cause 3 works now but Tomb Raider is slower than with RADV. AMDVLK can not replace RADV. RADV is supported by Valve and they have games and interest to test even with the DXVK because of Proton (use latest wine-staging and dxvk).
            I forgot to add. THIS is the power of AMDVLK+Debian+XFCE, here is my super pro gamer video

Comment

Thanks for promoting my videos, but get your own life.
              You should be ashamed of posting such videos. Lowest graphical setting on a 15 year old game, terrible sound quality with cracks and pops. You are a microsoft troll that wants to make linux look bad.

Comment

I have 4526 posts full of mental disorder
                You should take your own advice and leave your basement.

Comment

Take a look at mirror, all your posts are just personal insulting. You simply can not write technical facts. I am the target of your bad feelings. Too bad that I have better nerves than you.
                  You are mentally ill and cannot write technical facts. All your posts are the product of your crazy disorders whispering into your head.

Comment

Take a look at mirror, all your posts are just personal insulting. You simply can not write technical facts. I am the target of your bad feelings. Too bad that I have better nerves than you.
                    What makes you think a subhuman like you is worthy of a technical discussion with me? You don't know anything about technology.

Comment

You were not even born when I wrote my first computer game with the Commodore PET in 1979.
                      Who do you think you will impress by lying on the internet? You do not have the intellectual capacity to write a hello world program even in python.

Comment

Working...
                      X