Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marek
    replied
    ihatemichael Try setting AMD_DEBUG=nodpbb.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by ihatemichael

I already use Arch Linux and mesa git does not help with my issues, if it did, I wouldn't be complaining here.

sway makes some of the issues go away (corruption) but some issues are still there, like invisible objects with some programs.
    mmm, i see, then we can conclude AMD is not at fault and their support GLAMOR is actually just fine but it seems they actually have severe issues still on Raven Ridge class hardware given other AMD hardware don't present this issue.

now, for your specific problem, you should open a bug report for Raven Ridge if you haven't already also i can think about 2 more fixes to try

1.) check your memory XMP profile(memory bandwith can push very weird behaviour on APU's) and upgrade to latest bios(i had issues with AGESA back on kabini age and a BIOS update did wonders)

2.) Do you have enabled amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xxxxxxxxx on your boot process? (/etc/default/grub or /boot/loader/entries/xxxxx.conf) because at least on certain POLARIS10 cards like mine all hell break loose when enabled outside the amd-staging branch on a5gdf repo(and it varies wildly)

also can you post an glxinfo -B

Leave a comment:

• nuetzel
    replied

I already use Arch Linux and mesa git does not help with my issues, if it did, I wouldn't be complaining here.

sway makes some of the issues go away (corruption) but some issues are still there, like invisible objects with some programs.
    Then send a detailed bug report for Vega 11 Raven Ridge.

Leave a comment:

• nuetzel
    replied
    Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
    NO. 'Your' bug points to an additional commit.
    winsys/radeon: implement ctx_query_reset_status by copying radeonsi

And it ended that it realy was #78e35df52aa2f7d770f929a0866a0faa89c261a9
    "radeonsi: update buffer descriptors in all contexts after buffer invalidation"

FIXED by:
    radeonsi: fix a regression in si_rebind_buffer
    Last edited by nuetzel; 21 May 2019, 07:55 PM. Reason: Added real wrong commit and fix.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied

Mesa 19.0.4, I also tested git (as of today) and the issues are still there.

Vega 11 (Raven Ridge).
    mmm, as far as i understand Raven Ridge should work its best with kernel 5.0+, LLVM 9.0(don't remember the exact commits but any recent version should have the improved support) and mesa git(which need latest LLVM to work correctly).

about I3wm i'm not sure since i don't use it but you can try maybe switch to wayland with sway, in that case you may save yourselves from the LLVM upgrade if it is too hard on your distro.

If you are open to suggestions, i would recommend ArchLinux with laurent carlier mesa-git repo

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    Mesa 19.0.4, I also tested git (as of today) and the issues are still there.

Vega 11 (Raven Ridge).
    Vega 11 that's an desktop RR like2400G .
    I use an 2500u with Vega8 to write this but i'm not using i3wm, is it the same with other VM/DE?
    With my Vega8 i don't have that problem unless i need to do something to trigger it.
    How frequent does the artifacts or missing objects appear?
    I had things like that earlier on older hardware with glamor but new hardware should work except 19.0.0 that was broken, have you reported the bugs?
    Have you tried some live distros from usb and if so was it also broken?
    Have it always been like that or is it an regression?
    I had some various other problems earlier with this laptop but the latest bios/uefi made things work as expected.

Leave a comment:

• higuita
    replied
    a RX480 here and also zero problems with glamor and nodesetting on slackware-current
    maybe a hardware specific problem or a distro problem, some bad X11, glamor or whatever lib version?

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Such complaints are useless without a proper description how to reproduce.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied

You can talk all day about these things but the fact is that RadeonSI+GLAMOR continues being buggy. Intel (i965+modesetting+glamor) gives me zero issues.
    That's fine, just not sure why you're talking about unrelated topics then.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by geearf View Post

Well I think I read somewhere people complaining that clocks were not high enough to drive a 4k monitor or maybe 2 monitors not sure anymore, so I thought maybe the size of the output could be related to the issue.
    It effected my 260x for a little while and I only ever ran it at 1080p. It could be as simple as as the GPUs get more lower end, they're more likely to be effected by the DPM issues as the resolution drops.

EDIT: Mine happened to have an easy, hacky fix for the few months it did effect me -- made a script that set it to high and then to auto.
    Last edited by skeevy420; 20 May 2019, 04:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X