Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon ROCm 2.4 Released With TensorFlow 2.0 Compatibility, Infinity Fabric Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon ROCm 2.4 Released With TensorFlow 2.0 Compatibility, Infinity Fabric Support

Phoronix: Radeon ROCm 2.4 Released With TensorFlow 2.0 Compatibility, Infinity Fabric Support

AMD on Tuesday released a new version of the Radeon Open Compute "ROCm" OpenCL/compute GPU stack with two primary new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

on opensuse here, too much of a hassle getting to run. Will this ever get packaged upstream?
    Last edited by Mel Spektor; 08 May 2019, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Kernel compilation is still EPIC Slow and blender rendering is also super slow. Very disappointed. Blender rendering on the same machine on Winzoz (with Vega64) is Epic Fast.
      Last edited by sp82; 08 May 2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

ROCm is already at 2.4? It seems like just yesterday I was reading about 2.0 finally coming out. Good to see this technology progressing.

Comment

Michael please benchmark radeons vs nvidias in tensorflow wokloads.

The only benchmakrs I found online are here: http://blog.gpueater.com/en/2018/04/...bench_on_tf13/
          Can you benchmark with your hardware?
          Last edited by gsedej; 08 May 2019, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Just yesterday I was testing SegNet that I work with on job (with nvidia gpus) and it works well on my home RX 480

Comment

Ah, very interesting! A frequent tensorflow benchmark would be really nice.

Comment

Has anyone gotten ROCm running on Gentoo?

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
                  ROCm is already at 2.4? It seems like just yesterday I was reading about 2.0 finally coming out. Good to see this technology progressing.
                  Now that the US Department of Energy is handing Cray+AMD 100m bucks just for R&D, I expect Rocm development to accelerate even faster! Finally. Fantastic news.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Spektor View Post
                    on opensuse here, too much of a hassle getting to run. Will this ever get packaged upstream?
                    This is where Ubuntu shines. No hard feelings but a few years ago I was trying to get CUDA working on some non-apt distro - total nightmare. Uninstall this, install that, save this file .bak, maybe do this, boot into recovery mode, chmod+x left right and centre, edit this X config file with these obscure entries, rebuild plimouth... what a mess. Ubuntu it just works. Support within days or even hours as the vast community gets onto it, if you even need it 'cos the vendor will target it first.

Comment

Working...
                    X