Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• czz0
    replied
    I have hundreds of hours on CSGO with an RX580 using mesa and never experienced this.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Michael
    setting the AMD_DEBUG=zerovram environment variable.
    Unless they're running it from git, it's still R600_DEBUG with Mesa 19.0 and under.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
    If it is a driver specific issue why they are adding a game specific workaround in the driver?
    The workaround is game specific but the actual fix isn't (at least not to my understanding). The article mentions other games that can be affected by it and I'm sure there are more. The thing is, most games were coded in a manner where this problem wasn't exploited/noticeable. It's generally a non-issue, but just because it's rare, that doesn't necessarily mean the game itself is at fault.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Because it's a driver-specific issue, not a game-specific issue. It's really just coincidence that CS:GO happens to make it noticeable.
    OpenGL makes no guarantees about the value of uninitialized buffers. If an app relies on some specific value, it's relying on implementation specific behavior.

Leave a comment:

• zoomblab
    replied
    Because it's a driver-specific issue, not a game-specific issue. It's really just coincidence that CS:GO happens to make it noticeable.
    If it is a driver specific issue why they are adding a game specific workaround in the driver?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post

That's weird, I'm using R7 250, Fedora, Gnome and haven't noticed any serious issues with GLAMOR.
    This might be a hardware issue imo.
    Oh no, I was agreeing with boxie about it being rock solid.

Leave a comment:

• zxy_thf
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Ditto with my 580, Manjaro, and KDE.
    That's weird, I'm using R7 250, Fedora, Gnome and haven't noticed any serious issues with GLAMOR.
    This might be a hardware issue imo.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by jf33 View Post
    Why doesn't Valve fix the game?

Leave a comment:

• jf33
    replied
    Why doesn't Valve fix the game?

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Considering how this seems to be a default behavior of the hardware, I'm actually a bit surprised the problem doesn't come up more often.

Makes me wonder:
    I don't really know the best way to describe this, but y'know how sometimes for the first 1-2 seconds of launching a game (with Mesa drivers) you get a full screen of artifacting? Sometimes I can see glimpses of images or textures that were obviously loaded from another program/game, which leads me to believe this because the VRAM isn't zero'd-out and the GPU, for whatever reason, is just drawing whatever is in its buffer as it waits for the game to render the first frame.
    It's not really a problem to me. It's a little ugly but I'm just curious if this is directly related.
    This probably is the application's fault, like in this case:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X