No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Adds Workaround To Deal With Incorrect Rendering In Counter-Strike: GO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Adds Workaround To Deal With Incorrect Rendering In Counter-Strike: GO

Phoronix: RadeonSI Adds Workaround To Deal With Incorrect Rendering In Counter-Strike: GO

For those enjoying Valve's Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver, a workaround has been added to Mesa Git that is also marked for back-porting to the Mesa 19.0/19.1 series to address incorrect rendering issues...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...CSGO-Zero-vRAM

Maybe should be added to Xorg also to fix GLAMOR corruptions.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael

Tell me about it, I've been using RadeonSI with GLAMOR and it's only been an awful experience with corruption/artifacts everywhere.

What's worse is that nobody is doing anything to help with the situation.
      Conversely, I have not had the same experience as you with my vega and latest drivers (kernel/mesa) using kde neon and X with GLAMOR - been rock solid

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

Conversely, I have not had the same experience as you with my vega and latest drivers (kernel/mesa) using kde neon and X with GLAMOR - been rock solid
        Ditto with my 580, Manjaro, and KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by pkunk View Post
          Maybe should be added to Xorg also to fix GLAMOR corruptions.
          what DE are you using?

Comment

Considering how this seems to be a default behavior of the hardware, I'm actually a bit surprised the problem doesn't come up more often.

Makes me wonder:
            I don't really know the best way to describe this, but y'know how sometimes for the first 1-2 seconds of launching a game (with Mesa drivers) you get a full screen of artifacting? Sometimes I can see glimpses of images or textures that were obviously loaded from another program/game, which leads me to believe this because the VRAM isn't zero'd-out and the GPU, for whatever reason, is just drawing whatever is in its buffer as it waits for the game to render the first frame.
            It's not really a problem to me. It's a little ugly but I'm just curious if this is directly related.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Considering how this seems to be a default behavior of the hardware, I'm actually a bit surprised the problem doesn't come up more often.

Makes me wonder:
              I don't really know the best way to describe this, but y'know how sometimes for the first 1-2 seconds of launching a game (with Mesa drivers) you get a full screen of artifacting? Sometimes I can see glimpses of images or textures that were obviously loaded from another program/game, which leads me to believe this because the VRAM isn't zero'd-out and the GPU, for whatever reason, is just drawing whatever is in its buffer as it waits for the game to render the first frame.
              It's not really a problem to me. It's a little ugly but I'm just curious if this is directly related.
              sounds plausible

Comment

Makes me wonder:
                You know, that happened a lot on my 260x. It was one of those things I just ignored since that full screen artifacting crap has been something I've dealt with for forever regardless of the OS, GPU, or any other factors.

I haven't noticed it anywhere near as much with the 580. I suppose that could be because more zeroing profiles now. I wonder if this will be another addition to my global AMD_DEBUG line when I'm able to test it out.

Comment

Makes me wonder:
                  This probably is the application's fault, like in this case:
                  https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110448

Comment

Why doesn't Valve fix the game?

Comment

Working...
                    X