Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VSync forced on for full-screen applications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSync forced on for full-screen applications?

Hello. So I've noticed an issue.

​​​​​​Apparently I can't turn VSync off in full-screen apps. I try disabling it from the game's config menu, and no effect. I even try vblank_mode=0, but still no effect.

This can be problematic for some apps like RetroArch, where fast-forward simply doesn't work if I can't turn VSync off.

Is there any possible fix?

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Learn to use search engines and the net etiquette. Stop commenting typos and insulting other users.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gamin...s_sky/?depth=2.
    Before you're even allowed to tell me I am forbidden to ask here, you have to realize that I have already searched online for a solution, and there were no results at all.

What freaking "net etiquette"? You keep senselessly repeating this term over and over and over! Is there any section in your "net etiquette" which reads "don't ask anything; always use the search engine"?!
    If everyone were to adhere to your net etiquette:
    • Ironically the search engine would be useless as there are no questions online
    • StackExchange would have not existed
    • The whole world would desire to obliterate your existence

Thankfully nobody follows your "net etiquette" because they know it would only make their lives miserable.

Stop comenting typos? Do you think you control this forum? Do you think the world shall run around your corrupt fuckery of Debian and XFCE and non-followers must be seen dead?!
    If you wanna control something like a totalitarian regime, go ahead, make a whole forum dedicated to your shrine. I'm pretty sure almost nobody would come there.

And insulting other users? ...what? OK, please tell me when have I insulted somebody prior to this post. Apparently since you are hallucinating with that Debian XFCE drug you can't even tell the difference between me and hreindl (that guy would insult everyone, trust me)...

And about that link, I don't care if my post gets removed or not but stop posting bullshit like this and realize THAT IS FOR ENABLING VSYNC!!!! What I said was DISABLING, not enabling it. Why can't you even read before posting?! Why do you always monitor the AMD section of this forum and hit on everybody as soon as they ask? And the worst is, when you post your garbage in my threads, automatically people stop caring since they think the solution has been found. But no, it hasn't!

You seem to hate everybody, which is since everyone *hates* you but that's only because you made them hate you with your horrible behavior and propaganda. And no, I don't hate you. I actually abhor you. Sometimes your posts trigger debates (some of them are fun to watch), but this one just got way off-hand to the point I'd say it's ridiculous. Therefore I abhor you.

And before you can even respond, I would like to say that any response from you at this moment will be of zero value, so don't even attempt to reply unless you want to acknowledge you're in fault. But to be honest you will never do that because you're too stupid to understand what you're doing. So as of now I request you with all my sincerity:

Please stop pissing us off, otherwise get off here and never come back!!!

Seriously, even Michael is tired of you to the point he gave you a warning, of which apparently you disregarded. Therefore I can only tell you: get ready to attain the consequences...

OK, so I've read that Reddit post anyway, and I have to tell you that you severely misunderstood my question. But you keep doing this all the time, so better think before doing so.
    But to be honest we all wish you would go away and find some other place to stay. Maybe if you can get a good userbase somewhere else I'm pretty sure you'll be happier there than here. Because, sadly you only failed to deliver here, and I doubt you can do anything to rectify your fouls. Maybe this wasn't the place for you to do that, but, trust me, you'll be happier somewhere else.

(Note for Michael: If you are willing to do something, please, I beg you, don't add him to the global ignore list. It only destroys history and confuses older threads, and it apparently can't be overridden. Instead, give him a permanent ban, and monitor his IP address closely to ensure he won't create any alts. Or better yet, why not delete his account without deleting his posts, like you did with Pawlerson?)
    Last edited by tildearrow; 23 April 2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Have you tried disabling the vsync extensions via driconf?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Hello. So I've noticed an issue.

​​​​​​Apparently I can't turn VSync off in full-screen apps. I try disabling it from the game's config menu, and no effect. I even try vblank_mode=0, but still no effect.

This can be problematic for some apps like RetroArch, where fast-forward simply doesn't work if I can't turn VSync off.

Is there any possible fix?
        What GPU/driver are you using? on my R9-390 and AMDGPU, I recall having FPS/Vsync issues until I installed xf86-video-amdgpu

Comment

Originally posted by HenryM View Post

What GPU/driver are you using? on my R9-390 and AMDGPU, I recall having FPS/Vsync issues until I installed xf86-video-amdgpu
          Reproduces on AMD Radeon Vega FE with both modesetting and amdgpu drivers on Mesa.

Also just tested on Intel, and reproduces too

Comment

Working...
          X