AMDVLK 2019.Q2.2 Brings More Performance Optimizations, DXVK Corruption Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nadro View Post

You can use AMDVLK with mesa without any problems, because AMDVLK is a separate driver. Just set an environment variable 'VK_ICD_FILENAMES'. Eg for run a game in Steam with AMDVLK just pass:
    Code:
    VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/etc/vulkan/icd.d/amd_icd64.json %command%
    in Steam game launching options
    So I can have both installed, and choose to use AMDVLK with the command you mentioned. Thanks for you instant replay.

Comment

Originally posted by torbido View Post

So I can have both installed, and choose to use AMDVLK with the command you mentioned. Thanks for you instant replay.
      Yes and you can even install AMDGPU-PRO for Vulkan. You basically only have to open the deb file as an archive and get out the ...amdvlk64.so and the json file, and install them for your OS like on the AMDVLK github page described. AMDGPU-PRO tho will overwrite the AMDVLK and its often older than AMDVLK or the same as it, but sometimes you can try, if neither RADV nor AMDVLK are working.

Comment

Originally posted by ntropy View Post

Yes and you can even install AMDGPU-PRO for Vulkan. You basically only have to open the deb file as an archive and get out the ...amdvlk64.so and the json file, and install them for your OS like on the AMDVLK github page described. AMDGPU-PRO tho will overwrite the AMDVLK and its often older than AMDVLK or the same as it, but sometimes you can try, if neither RADV nor AMDVLK are working.
        Actually nothing work with them. If Mesa doesn't exist, I will probably stop using Linux.

Comment

For anyone trying amdvlk and wondering why there is tearing in fullscreen even with vsync enabled, you need to set a undocumented config option to get rid of it:
          In an Xorg session, try out any application which is suitable to spot tearing (e.g. vkquake, set host_maxfps to a value well above display refreshrate) and enable vsync in it. There is a small stri...

Comment

Actually nothing work with them. If Mesa doesn't exist, I will probably stop using Linux.
            Amdvlk was really embarrassingly brolen for way too long. but it has actually gotten somewhat useable.

Comment

Not really there was a StarCitizen version that ran best on AMDGPU-PRO, not long ago. It tho is basically AMDVLK, tho I think to have read somewhere that on AMDVLK they share libraries with the Windows Vulkan driver.
              Its good to have this options, I think .

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                skeevy420 You could also simply use the libraries provided for Debian, I use them on Arch.
                I try to not do that whenever possible. Right now the only package that isn't from the repos or built myself is amdvlk from amdgpu-pro.

Maybe I'm old-school, but if something is in the repos or able to be built natively if not available, then that's how I'd prefer to install it.

Comment

You can use AMDVLK with mesa without any problems, because AMDVLK is a separate driver. Just set an environment variable 'VK_ICD_FILENAMES'. Eg for run a game in Steam with AMDVLK just pass:
                  Code:
                  VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/etc/vulkan/icd.d/amd_icd64.json %command%
                  in Steam game launching options
                  It's also been added to Lutris with a drop-down menu under the System Options tab of a game.

Comment

It should be really easy to automate benchmarking of this game via PTS. There is a 'GraphicsOptions.ini' file at 'steamapps/compatdata/312670/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Local Settings/Application Data/Strange Brigade' path, where you can change all graphic settings in an easy way. Benchmark results are stored in *.txt files at 'steamapps/compatdata/312670/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My Documents/StrangeBrigade_Benchmark' path. This game also support multi-GPU under Vulkan, however I don't know if this feature work in Proton. I use AMDVLK in Strange Brigade, because RADV has problems with tesselation.

BTW. If you will want to play this game and not just benchmark it, you can rename 'StrangeBrigade_Vulkan.exe' to 'StrangeBrigade.exe' at 'bin' path, because game launcher is black in the latest Proton version, however this is not required for benchmarking.
                    Thanks again for your help. PTS profile about to land. A benchmarking special article of the game will be out in the next few days as well.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X