Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMD FreeSync Patches Likely Coming To Linux 5.2

Phoronix: More AMD FreeSync Patches Likely Coming To Linux 5.2

While the Linux 5.0 kernel brought initial support for the long-awaited open-source FreeSync implementation, the Linux 5.2 kernel coming out this summer will likely have additional improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Meanwhile we haven't seen any new patches around the HDMI and FreeSync 2 bits.
    DAMM IT!

Comment

Does anybody know what the situation is regarding low framerate compensation (LFC)?

Comment

I hope to see some Wayland work for FreeSync. I'm not moving back because of FreeSync, in case somebody want to propose this ;-)

Comment

R41N3R could you please tell me how you manage the clipboard in a Plasma Wayland session? Klipper doesn't save anything if the application gets closed directly after copying (not pasting). Gnome Wayland has other issues, but at least Gpaste seems to just work and is properly integrated into the shell via an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            R41N3R could you please tell me how you manage the clipboard in a Plasma Wayland session? Klipper doesn't save anything if the application gets closed directly after copying (not pasting). Gnome Wayland has other issues, but at least Gpaste seems to just work and is properly integrated into the shell via an extension.
            Right click on Klipper > click configure > enable "prevent empty clipboard".
            That should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Right click on Klipper > click configure > enable "prevent empty clipboard".
              That should do it.
              Nope.
              I already set that option because otherwise it imho isn't functioning properly even on Xorg.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                And is that also the case for linux-master or amd-wip (not just drm-staging) branches?

Comment

Any clues if HDMI-Freesync support is coming?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                    It is easy to check, find the corresponding file and compare.
                    Oops, should have thought of that. Well, it's in linux-mainline. Yey!

Comment

Working...
                    X