Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMDGPU For Linux 5.1 Tweaks The Golden Settings For Vega, Corrects Fiji Power Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisse
    replied
    I wonder what was allegedly wrong with Fiji power monitoring. I've been getting what I consider realistic numbers with my Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury. 13-15W idle, 200W with ethminer @ 31MH/s and 200-260W in demanding games. 260W is the cards default power cap. Done some measurements at the wall outlet as well and it seems to correspond well when taking into account the other components of the PC. It will be interesting to see what happens when this update lands in my distro.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    You can not measure with a watt-meter, it is very difficult to measure the current from the motherboard pci-e connector. From the 8-pin aux power connector it is easier, but you need to measure both. 30W is realistic and I do not mind with Asus RX570, the card is silent at the fan speed 1000 rpm. Driving a 28 inch 4K monitor requires power.
    My whole system consumes 30W in idle on Windows and maybe ~35W on Linux. So yes, the 29W reported by amdgpu are totally unrealistic.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    I'm waiting for bulk moves to be enabled back for amdgpu. Is it coming in 5.1?

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    The reported idle power for Polaris 20 (and supposedly 10 & 30) is unfortunately still broken, doesn't go below 29W while wattmeter proves it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• AMDGPU For Linux 5.1 Tweaks The Golden Settings For Vega, Corrects Fiji Power Reading

Phoronix: AMDGPU For Linux 5.1 Tweaks The Golden Settings For Vega, Corrects Fiji Power Reading

Since last week the big set of DRM driver changes has been part of the mainline kernel for Linux 5.1 while working its way to mainline now are a couple of early fixes to the AMDGPU driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X