Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Vega 20 Firmware Binaries & Other AMDGPU Files Land In Linux-Firmware.Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Vega 20 Firmware Binaries & Other AMDGPU Files Land In Linux-Firmware.Git

Phoronix: Updated Vega 20 Firmware Binaries & Other AMDGPU Files Land In Linux-Firmware.Git

For those habitually riding the bleeding-edge open-source Radeon graphics driver stack, there are some updated firmware files now available for newer AMD graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can understand that AMD don't want to publish firmware source code because it's "part of hardware design" but why don't they publish change-logs? AFAIK, lots of proprietary software have public change-logs.

Comment

Hope this new code fixes the issues with Radeon VII and the Raven Ridge laptop Michael

Comment

updated in #t2sde: https://t2sde.org/packages/linux-firmware

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
          Hope this new code fixes the issues with Radeon VII and the Raven Ridge laptop Michael
          I don't have any Raven Ridge laptop and these firmware updates weren't for Raven anyhow.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
            I can understand that AMD don't want to publish firmware source code because it's "part of hardware design" but why don't they publish change-logs? AFAIK, lots of proprietary software have public change-logs.
            I think it's 2 things - lack of manpower (they need someone high up who can tell what's ok to publish and what isn't), and a desire to make reverse-engineering more difficult for anyone looking at diffs between 2 versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I don't have any Raven Ridge laptop
              True, I confused your Raven Ridge APU tests with laptop Raven Ridge

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Working...
              X