Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    All my Linux games works in the freesync range 40-60Hz and faster
    Originally posted by fuzz View Post
    Yes, because the AMD developers are only coding things for you
    Hey, that's supposed to be a secret.
    Test signature

Comment

Shame, Freesync is working great on Windows with my Samsung NU8000 TV over HDMI from an RX580

Comment

bridgman Is HDMI freesync on the cards? I am forced to use HDMI for my linux GPU but would really like to use freesync, it's great.

Comment

Amdgpu Linux drivers support freesync for displayport only. The Hdmi support is in the future.
          Would it work if I used a DP to HDMI cable? Because my monitor only has HDMI ports

Comment

And DisplayPort is basically ubiquitous for desktop gear these days. HDMI is only good for low refresh rate i.e. TV.

Comment

FreeSync is now working well for me on ArchLinux now with kernel 5.0.3-arch1-1-ARCH, mesa 19.0.0-1, and GNOME 3.22 (on Xorg) with Dota 2 on OpenGL.

Hardware:
              Pixio PX277
              Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64

Code:
              ➤  cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/r.conf
              Section "Device"
                  Identifier "AMD"
                  Driver "amdgpu"
                  Option "DRI" "3"
                  Option "VariableRefresh" "true"
              EndSection
              ➤  grep Variable ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log
              [    17.065] (**) AMDGPU(0): Option "VariableRefresh" "true"
              [    17.135] (**) AMDGPU(0): VariableRefresh: enabled
              ➤  xrandr --props | grep vrr
                  vrr_capable: 1
                  vrr_capable: 0
              Thanks for the setup guide, Michael!

Comment

So I followed this article's instructions & everything looks good. Freesync doesn't seem to do anything in Borderlands 2, even though I capped framerate at 120fps.

I have an RX570 and Aopen 24HC1QR 144hz monitor. Connection is via DisplayPort. I've got freesync set to on in the monitor settings.

I have the steam overlay showing fps change when I cap it at various framerates, but the monitor on-screen display of framerate never changes from 144.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Also, some info:

Code:
                  rob2@rob2-desktop:~$ cat ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log | grep -i Var
                  [    58.505] (**) AMDGPU(0): Option "VariableRefresh" "true"
                  [    58.563] (**) AMDGPU(0): VariableRefresh: enabled
                  rob2@rob2-desktop:~$ uname -a
                  Linux rob2-desktop 5.0.8-050008-generic #201904170732 SMP Wed Apr 17 07:35:23 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Not all games activate freesync. Freesync requires that suitable applications flip via the Present extension to xf86-video-amdgpu for the entire Screen.

You can test freesync with these free games: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Demo ,Project: Gordon Demo ,War Thunder
                    Actually it seems this works if my display is set to 120hz, but not 144hz. Is that weird or what? I'm going to upgrade to the new ubuntu today and see if things look any better.

Comment

Hello I am currently using Pop!_OS(Ubuntu Based), on kernel 5.0 and mesa 19 with an amd Vega 56 as my gpu. I cannot get the VariableRefresh rate to work at all, not even error. I have set the conf settings in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-amdgpu.conf and /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-amdgpu.conf to the values in this article and have restarted multiple times in hoping it would start logging. For some reason the "DRI 3" option is working and loading fine but it is not loading VariableRefresh. If anyone can help me get in the right direction to get this working i would appreciate it.

screenshot of my current settings: http://i65.tinypic.com/rhk7k5.png

Comment

Working...
                      X