Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling AMD Radeon FreeSync On Linux 5.0

Phoronix: Enabling AMD Radeon FreeSync On Linux 5.0

One of the most asked questions in recent weeks has been how to enable the newly added support for FreeSync on Linux. Now with Linux 5.0 out there, here is a quick guide...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nux-5.0-Enable

Here you see freesync in action and have additional infromation.

Comment

What about FreeSync on GNOME Wayland? Is it possible? And how to enable it on Wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by ZFKerr View Post
        What about FreeSync on GNOME Wayland? Is it possible? And how to enable it on Wayland?
        Gnome3 is a horrible desktop that is buggy and never ready. Most people do want to have a stable system, so use desktops that are not under heavy development forever. The Xorg Present extension is for the X window system. Xwayland must implemented that at least. Wayland does not have any freesync implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFKerr View Post
          If it needs the amdgpu ddx, i think it's safe to assume it won't work on wayland.

Comment

doesnt work on my hdmi freesync monitor

Comment

Now I wish there were any 16:10 aspect ratio displays with IPS panels that support Freesync. Sorry but I'm not switching back to 16:9. I develop software primarily and extra height really makes a difference. And I love my Dell U2315.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
                doesnt work on my hdmi freesync monitor
                Is the monitor also capable of freesync over hdmi ? some of them can only do freesync over DP.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post

Is the monitor also capable of freesync over hdmi ? some of them can only do freesync over DP.
                  yes it is, on windows it worked properly

Comment

My HP Envy x360 15-cp0001na with AU Optronics AUO22ED panel, was recognized as FreeSync capable 40 - 60 Hz on windows. But not on linux with kernel 5.0
                    xrandr --prop says vrr_capable: 0

Maybe I need to manually edit EDID data or something..

Comment

Working...
                    X