No announcement yet.

RADV Driver Gets Big Patch Series For 8-bit & 16-bit Arithmetic, 8-bit Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Driver Gets Big Patch Series For 8-bit & 16-bit Arithmetic, 8-bit Storage

Phoronix: RADV Driver Gets Big Patch Series For 8-bit & 16-bit Arithmetic, 8-bit Storage

A set of 38 patches have been sent out that wire in support for the VK_KHR_shader_float16_int8, VK_AMD_gpu_shader_half_float, VK_AMD_gpu_shader_int16, and VK_KHR_8bit_storage extensions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

However, the half-floats support needs LLVM 8.0 or newer due to bugs on LLVM 7.
    Sigh. Hopefully, the LLVM release schedule will improve so that we don't have anything like that in the future.

Note that LLVM 8.0.0 isn't even released yet and at the same time there is no further 7.0.x release planned.

Comment

Great to see these feature patches from Rhys Perry, who I understand is a newer and for now independent Mesa developer

Comment

He seems to be a knowledgeable person. Mesa and also LLVM. Hope we'll see more contributions from him for Radeons.

Comment

What's the story with radv and adaptive sync? I don't have a VRR monitor, so can't test it. Does it already work or not?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            What's the story with radv and adaptive sync? I don't have a VRR monitor, so can't test it. Does it already work or not?
            What's the got to do with these patches?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

What's the got to do with these patches?
              The question is about radv. If you don't know the answer, no point to reply.

Comment

Working...
              X