Running The RadeonSI NIR Back-End With Mesa 19.1 Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strunkenbold View Post
    Can confirm. Those sdma patches immediately freeze the whole system. Even if it's just the desktop.
    It is FIXED with Marek's v2 version (Patchwork Mesa).

Comment

Does anyone experience longer shader compile times with NIR? I'm not entirely sure if that's the right description for the problem.

With RuneScape's NXT (C++) client, if I use NIR, new shaders that need cached pause the rendering noticeably longer (like 3-7 second pauses initially without a cache when teleporting to a new area) than without NIR. But it seems once the shaders are cached, there's no problem. It does this on LLVM 7.0 and Mesa 18.1.3 (or something in the 18 series on Fedora 29), and a git build of Mesa 19 and LLVM 9.0 (che-mesa and che-llvm on F29)

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
        Does anyone experience longer shader compile times with NIR? I'm not entirely sure if that's the right description for the problem.

With RuneScape's NXT (C++) client, if I use NIR, new shaders that need cached pause the rendering noticeably longer (like 3-7 second pauses initially without a cache when teleporting to a new area) than without NIR. But it seems once the shaders are cached, there's no problem. It does this on LLVM 7.0 and Mesa 18.1.3 (or something in the 18 series on Fedora 29), and a git build of Mesa 19 and LLVM 9.0 (che-mesa and che-llvm on F29)
        Yes, it's there, but worked on (Timo). (Have a look into mesa-devel: 'nir - compiler optimization' / slow compile times...)

Comment

Working...
        X