Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMDGPU Sends In More Linux 5.1 Updates With Seamless Boot Bits, FreeSync Fixes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    I'm still waiting for 120Hz 2880p displays, which should be supported just fine with Vega 64 but just don't seem to exist on the market yet.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by microcode View Post
      I'm still waiting for 120Hz 2880p displays, which should be supported just fine with Vega 64
      supported as in "can move windows"
      not supported as in "can play modern game on max settings"

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        supported as in "can move windows"
        not supported as in "can play modern game on max settings"
        Idunno man, I run 1440p at 144Hz, and I am regularly CPU limited. Max settings aside, the combination of resolution and simplicity of scaling (direct 2x resolution relative to 1440p) is spectacular, and adding in a decent refresh rate would complete the product. I guess the chipsets are expensive, but I will pay. My Vega 64 has, at a time, driven proper, interesting applications on three 144Hz 1440p displays at once, it's not inconceivable that it could work well on a Radeon VII.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by humbug View Post
          What features in particular are you talking about which are still pending?
          i'm not keeping an eye on it and don't know current status, but there was missing video acceleration which i used

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by microcode View Post
            Idunno man, I run 1440p at 144Hz, and I am regularly CPU limited
            enable antialiasing

            Comment


            • #26
              With 4x or 8xMSAA; it doesn't seem to have much impact at all on performance for titles I play; and I mainly use the display for work anyway.

              Comment

              Working...
              X