Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 9.1 with "Composite & Video Support" leaked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• energyman
    replied
    for me it is not 'slow as molasses' - the only think that is slow is manually resizing of windows - which is something I don't do much anyway. Everything is fast or fast enough.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Just wrote in another thread that 8.12 is "still slow as molasses with any compositing manager". Really slow. To me that's "doesn't work".

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    what does not work?

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Composite isn't working on its own as it should, really, so instead of Composite+Video, how about we get Composite first? Then you can think about +Video.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    ah, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• poofyyoda
    replied
    Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
    Are you sure this isn't more a limitation of Wine or the hardware itself?
    AFAIK, Wine needs many OpenGL extensions for e.g. DX Shader 2.0 support and those may not be supported by r300 chips.
    Nah, the only people with problems on the appdb, are those with ati cards. The issue exists exactly the same on my new HD 4650 as my older cards also.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Removing the watermark is simple. Just copy /etc/ati/signature over from another driver.

Leave a comment:

• NeoBrain
    replied
    Originally posted by poofyyoda View Post
    What bothers me most with the drivers is the lack of support for shaders in wine, which makes many games unplayable or not desirable for play.
    For example with command and conquer 3, shaders and shadows must be turned to lowest to be playable, but certain things still trigger the 'stretched triangle' corruption, and also the game slows down immensely when there too many effects.
    Are you sure this isn't more a limitation of Wine or the hardware itself?
    AFAIK, Wine needs many OpenGL extensions for e.g. DX Shader 2.0 support and those may not be supported by r300 chips.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    how did you remove the watermark?

Leave a comment:

• poofyyoda
    replied
    To clarify some things, I regularly use an r300 card and as far as i am concerned it behaves remarkably well with the fglrx driver.
    I used to have another also, but in the last month upgraded, and IMO the driver works much better on the r300 cards than r700 ones.
    I don't understand why some of you are having these issues, as the driver works fine on my older cards. This is with catalyst 8.10, 8.11, and 8.12.

With my new card, I have updated to the 9.1b (removed pesky watermark), and it is about as stable as all the previous releases - ie - random crashes persist
    A notable regression from 8.12 has been fixed.

What bothers me most with the drivers is the lack of support for shaders in wine, which makes many games unplayable or not desirable for play.
    For example with command and conquer 3, shaders and shadows must be turned to lowest to be playable, but certain things still trigger the 'stretched triangle' corruption, and also the game slows down immensely when there too many effects.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X