X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rx 590 advertised as great 1080p card. Lets test at 4K

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

At 1080p most of the tests would be more CPU bound.
      Yes is more cpu bound but most users stay on this area (1440p and other resolutions is only used for around 7% of steam users), maybe can make new test seeking cpu usage on intel and amd with rx590

Comment

Originally posted by simburde View Post
        Then maybe some Ryzen 5 would be a better choice instead of i9 9900K? RX 590 is not intended for 4K gaming anyway. Pure power is of an academic interest, people are most interested in real-world scenarios.
        I don't think you understand the point of a GPU benchmark... When you're trying to show the true potential of a GPU, you have to remove all other variables and push it to its limits. Using a high-core, high-clock, low-latency CPU like the 9900K is a smart way to do that.
        Even at 4K, this GPU seemed to exceed 60FPS in nearly every test. Unless you have a 120Hz+ display (in which case, he still shouldn't be using a Ryzen 5), what difference does it make if he benches at 1080p? It's blatantly obvious this GPU will play any [decently-ported] game at 1080p sufficiently.
        Last edited by schmidtbag; 07 December 2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Then maybe some Ryzen 5 would be a better choice instead of i9 9900K? RX 590 is not intended for 4K gaming anyway. Pure power is of an academic interest, people are most interested in real-world scenarios.
          I agree, it would be nice to see these numbers @ 1080p. A new Rx 560 might deliver a pathetic 29 fps @ 4k. But if it does 60 fps @ 1080p on the same system, that's valuable information to someone shopping for a new card. Steam survey says the vast majority of gamers are gaming at 1080p today.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
            I agree, it would be nice to see these numbers @ 1080p. A new Rx 560 might deliver a pathetic 29 fps @ 4k. But if it does 60 fps @ 1080p on the same system, that's valuable information to someone shopping for a new card. Steam survey says the vast majority of gamers are gaming at 1080p today.
            Yeah 4K / 1440p monitors are very expensive without forget proper vga for this resolution also too expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Deus Ex was still hanging for me on Radeon cards with Mesa 19.0.
              Isn't the point of testing GPUs is to test against actual GPUs and not bumps in peformance or lag depending on which GPU benefits or suffers against a CPU?

Comment

More importantly, 99.9% of consumers don't own an i9 9900K which enjoys the benefits of the IntelĀ® UHD Graphics 630 iGPU.

Comment

'OpenGL GeeXLab' demo - what a Nvidia favouring 'tool'?

Comment

Yeah...sure AMDs performance / dollar or euro is a beast...no questions about it.
                    But other than that...their gpus are just pathetic. Their cpus are however , a whole other ballgame.

And NO I'm not an nvidiafanboy...I go where the performance takes me...I don't care about brands and manufacturers.
                    However I do care about competiton in the market, since it drives the prices and development in our favour.
                    ATM there is sadly no real competition to nvidia in the top segment...hoping that it will change thou !

Comment

As I sayd, just overclock an RX 580 and you get the same for less money.

Comment

Working...
                      X