AMD Radeon RX 590 Linux Benchmarks, 18-Way NVIDIA/AMD Gaming Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon RX 590 Linux Benchmarks, 18-Way NVIDIA/AMD Gaming Comparison

Phoronix: AMD Radeon RX 590 Linux Benchmarks, 18-Way NVIDIA/AMD Gaming Comparison

With the very newest AMDGPU Linux kernel patches, the Radeon RX 590 is now working correctly on Linux. Here's a look at how this latest Polaris graphics card is performing for Linux games against seventeen other AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards in a variety of OpenGL and Vulkan benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    higher-end GPus, but

Comment

Your price for GTX 1060 is off. It skews all perf/price graphs

Comment

All the tested titles seem to stress the GPU not a whole lot.

Could Phoronix maybe test more demanding titles like Deus Ex:MD? Or is that still not working for you?

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
          All the tested titles seem to stress the GPU not a whole lot.

Could Phoronix maybe test more demanding titles like Deus Ex:MD? Or is that still not working for you?
          Deus Ex was still hanging for me on Radeon cards with Mesa 19.0.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

2+ years ago I bought a R9 Fury (not X but I've unlocked half the missing CUs and overclocked) for ~350 Euros and even now I don't regret it at all based on these numbers plus the x-coin craziness in between.

BUT it also shows that the performance increase on GPUs from AMD over the last couple of years is minimal. Hope that Navi changes that because next year I'd like something to push 4K@60 in at least 2018 AAA games with medium details at a reasonable price. A man can dream right ?

Comment

Good tests but lack of 1080p tests (used for most users according steam)

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
                Good tests but lack of 1080p tests (used for most users according steam)

At 1080p most of the tests would be more CPU bound.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Wow the Rx 580 and Rx 590 really dominate the performance per dollar metrics. Seems that's where the smart money is spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

At 1080p most of the tests would be more CPU bound.
                    Then maybe some Ryzen 5 would be a better choice instead of i9 9900K? RX 590 is not intended for 4K gaming anyway. Pure power is of an academic interest, people are most interested in real-world scenarios.

Comment

Working...
                    X