Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMDVLK Radeon Vulkan Driver Adds Transform Feedback, ~10% Vega Performance Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK Radeon Vulkan Driver Adds Transform Feedback, ~10% Vega Performance Boost

Phoronix: AMDVLK Radeon Vulkan Driver Adds Transform Feedback, ~10% Vega Performance Boost

AMD's Vulkan driver developers have done their first fresh code drop of the AMDVLK open-source Vulkan driver code in two weeks and it's a big push...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I tried the previous amdvlk drop and it was 10-20% slower than radv in kingdom come: deliverance. I hope this drop gets that perf up!

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: AMDVLK Radeon Vulkan Driver Adds Transform Feedback, ~10% Vega Performance Boost
      - Enabling the on-chip GSVS ring for GFX9 (Vega) graphics hardware, which can yield up to a 10% performance gain. This is notable as AMDVLK with Vega was already generally performing better than the RADV driver.
      Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      - Enabling the on-chip GSVS ring for GFX9 (Vega) graphics hardware, which can yield up to a 10% performance gain. This is notable as AMDVLK with Vega was already generally performing better than the RADV driver.
      I take it from the article that it's only for Vega cards. What card did you use boxie or still using?

Comment

My experience with the previous release has been very satisfactory. Will install this latter today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post

I take it from the article that it's only for Vega cards. What card did you use boxie or still using?
          The GSVS change should only matter if you are using geometry shaders. I don't think anybody uses it for anything impacting performance significantly.

Comment

I don't see VK_EXT_transform_feedback support for my RX580. I used this package:

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
              I don't see VK_EXT_transform_feedback support for my RX580. I used this package:
              https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/A...Q4.3_amd64.deb
              This package is already two weeks old and doesn't contain the newest code drop.
              Anyways, i don't think transform feedback is enabled even in the latest git yet, there seems to be just some code for it.
              At least it's not listed here: https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/x...extensions.txt

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post
                This package is already two weeks old and doesn't contain the newest code drop.
                Anyways, i don't think transform feedback is enabled even in the latest git yet, there seems to be just some code for it.
                At least it's not listed here: https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/x...extensions.txt
                Are you sure that it's 2 weeks old? I'm not sure, because at release details section on github there is a following info: amdvlk-admin released this 10 hours ago ... 2018-12-4 update

Comment

I just built amdvlk release - no transform feedback. The article is misleading. Where is the source for it?

Comment

According to amdvlk developers:

I don't think the VK_EXT_transform_feedback is released.
                    And source search on Github for VK_EXT_transform_feedback in https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers produces nothing.
                    Last edited by shmerl; 05 December 2018, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X