Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentarctagon
    replied
    It would be good to know if the same restrictions apply to this as apply to AMD's closed source FreeSync support.

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Does it need any hardware feature to support VRR or is just a software solution? That is, an old GPU could support VRR?

Leave a comment:

• GruenSein
    replied
    Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Which is why it would be so awesome if Nouveau successfully implemented it and showed the world that it's possible
    But is it really? Or does it require some hardware bits?

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Finally I can justify my purchase of a new screen in July :-)

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
    We know Intel has been working on support for their hardware for some time and probably will be launching it at by the time their discrete cards come out. Nvidia on the other hand is too deeply invested in their own hardware-based vendor lock of a solution and they're too well into the green to be persuaded into reconsidering.
    Which is why it would be so awesome if Nouveau successfully implemented it and showed the world that it's possible

Leave a comment:

• L_A_G
    replied
    That's another item off the open source driver team's TODO list then...

I'm genuinely looking forward to what's coming next as AMDGPU is getting more and more feature complete. At some point we're probably going to see a lot of performance related work after all of the major features have been squared away.

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I really hope that Intel and Nvidia implements support for this too.
    We know Intel has been working on support for their hardware for some time and probably will be launching it at by the time their discrete cards come out. Nvidia on the other hand is too deeply invested in their own hardware-based vendor lock of a solution and they're too well into the green to be persuaded into reconsidering.
    Last edited by L_A_G; 30 November 2018, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    This is great, but I wish we had this sooner.
    I really hope that Intel and Nvidia implements support for this too.

Leave a comment:

• Khudsa
    replied
    Thank you very much dev's!!!! My freesync monitor would appreciate it !

Leave a comment:

• davidbepo
    replied
    Because a gem like this can't just disappear.This is what HD was meant for.

Leave a comment:

• AMDGPU FreeSync / Adaptive-Sync Is Set To Land For Linux 4.21

Phoronix: AMDGPU FreeSync / Adaptive-Sync Is Set To Land For Linux 4.21

AMD developers have a miraculous Christmas present for their open-source Linux users, particularly Linux gamers with FreeSync/Adaptive-Sync displays... This last major feature missing from AMDGPU DRM driver that's long been sought after is finally set to land in the mainline Linux kernel!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X