The Latest Efforts On Getting The Radeon RX 590 To Work With Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Efforts On Getting The Radeon RX 590 To Work With Linux

Phoronix: The Latest Efforts On Getting The Radeon RX 590 To Work With Linux

When the Radeon RX 590 launched two weeks ago, Linux support wasn't anticipated to be a problem with it being yet another Polaris graphics card and largely unchanged from a driver perspective compared to the RX 580 and other Polaris cards the past few years. Sadly at least for some AIB RX 590 cards, that hasn't turned out to be the case...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...atest-Progress

AMD should send you nitro beer pack together with a patch
    Last edited by dungeon; 11-28-2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      AMD should send you nitro beer pack together with a patch
      and saphire should too

Comment

Just give me a beer and turn off lens flare

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

and saphire should too
          Well, nitro is different beer I guess these harvested RX 580 2048SP also carry different vbioses than referent

Last edited by dungeon; 11-28-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

What went wrong in the management level that made this miscommunication between driver team and AIB partners happen?

I read Bridgman post saying that the driver team were told that not change was needed, but as we can see that wasn't truth

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
              What went wrong in the management level that made this miscommunication between driver team and AIB partners happen?

I read Bridgman post saying that the driver team were told that not change was needed, but as we can see that wasn't truth
              Miscommunications can easily happen, especially it its across departments.

What is odd to me though is how it was able to pass QA tests...

Comment

Now just waiting debianxfce come to say Asus is the only way to go...

Comment

Nothing unusual, all these "AMD loves DRM and Mesa" have always been "we don't give a shit about your linux, let someone else do our job".

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post

Miscommunications can easily happen, especially it its across departments.

What is odd to me though is how it was able to pass QA tests...
                    Unfortunately it seems that QA tests on Linux were not done with final hardware. Or that problem should have come up rather quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X