Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Lands Zen CCX/Thread Optimization For GLThread Mode

Phoronix: RadeonSI Lands Zen CCX/Thread Optimization For GLThread Mode

After the AMD Zen tuning for RadeonSI was dropped earlier this month, a revised implementation has now landed in Mesa 19.0-devel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Obviously, seeing benchmarks of this is welcome, but I personally would be interested to see before and after benchmarks of GLThread Mode when compared to something like a Ryzen 2300X (or something similar) vs a 2700X (preferably of the same clock speeds).

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Obviously, seeing benchmarks of this is welcome, but I personally would be interested to see before and after benchmarks of GLThread Mode when compared to something like a Ryzen 2300X (or something similar) vs a 2700X (preferably of the same clock speeds).
      Yes the benchmarks, I agree.

I agree with L3 Shared cache pinning behaviour,off course
      IMO, this would have even a bigger impact in a Thread-ripper for example..

But I also love to see, a comparison like that you mention.

I haven't understood the RadeonSI subject completely...about random pinning.

Comment

Working...
      X